Caribou Gear

Wyoming Whitetail leftovers

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I was telling Matt Seidel of onXmaps about all these whitetails I see when I drive through northern Wyoming. He asked for more details. I explained that the public was very small plots, mostly half to quarter sections that intersected roads and a few small walk-in hunting properties.

I told him it could often be had as second choice, and some years, as a left over. He smiled and commented how it sounded like a great place to feature the onXmaps HUNT App. We applied as our second choice and when results came out we had each gained another deer point and scooped up second choice whitetail tags. Some guys could have got it as third choice and some probably got it as a leftover

I started hunting this morning. Matt got here around noon. I told him things were pretty bleak so far. Ever the optimist, Matt shrugged it off, fully confident bucks would be located before season ended, in this case four days from now.

Ain't nothin' to this Wyoming Whitetail leftovers/second choice gig. At least nothin' to it if you're the Charlie Daniels of the HUNT App, as is Matt. Now some other buck can claim the doe harem living on these two hundred public acres, as his own.

DSC01650.jpg

Nothing like a quick hunt and the plan came together

Leftovers at my house this Thanksgiving have been good, but not that good!

Congratulations to Matt, batter up Big Fin.

Nice job, guys. You have the wheels turning in my head on a SE MT/NE WY/Black Hills 3-state whitetail trifecta trip.

Nice job, guys. You have the wheels turning in my head on a SE MT/NE WY/Black Hills 3-state whitetail trifecta trip.

That was discussed among us yesterday. It would be very doable if a guy allotted enough days.

Looks like I am going to have to move west to shoot anything this year. I am 0 for November so far........Congrats to Matt on a beauty!

Congrats Matt and Randy. Love the onXmap products and enjoyed talking with the sales team in Missoula when I arranged a business purchase a few years ago. Even talking over the phone I could tell it was a bunch of passionate hunters in the office.

A 4x4 had a chance to be a TV star this evening, but he did not understand that it requires him to present broadside shot angles when hunting so close to private boundaries. In these tight quarters, I want a "bang flop" scenario, or as close to that as possible.

A day and a half left. Will continue to pass on the small three pointers who make a nuisance of themselves, almost saying, "Pick me, pick me."

Nicely done!

Oak- That would be a riot! Especially if one mixed in a bit of bird shooting.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back