Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My First Western Saga....

Well written essay about a bold family adventure. Congratulations to you AND your family for going far for your passion.

WOW! Probably the best hunting story I have ever read. Very well done! And your son running to you! What a amazing moment captured. Can't say enough good things about your story.

Great Story and way to push yourself and get out of your comfort zone. Like fishing4sanity mentioned, what are you planning next? I'm sure you have the bug to go back!! Great photo of your son with you! I'm always happy to read about great families and the outdoors together. Thanks for sharing.

Great story all around. You made quite the adventure that will be changing lives. Congrats for seeing it to the end. You can use it as fuel to fire new adventures.

Thanks for sharing. I love the last pic with your son meeting you on the drive, it captures how proud and excited they are of you.

Once again, thanks everyone for the the congratulations and encouragement. As for what the future holds, I would like to do an elk hunt next year, but I realize I may not be in shape for it by then. I may try for another deer hunt next year and start accumulating some elk points. I also want to start accumulating some points for various species for my oldest son. All he can talk about since we returned from Wyoming is hunting an antelope.

Wow man that is a really awesome story!

I also love that pic of your son running to meet you.

Congrats on an amazing adventure that is really incredible!

My son and I did our first western adventure as a Wyoming pronghorn hunt in 2010 which hooked us both. It's a great choice for a return trip but there are a lot of those.

Last edited:
"""I was in awe to say the least. Perhaps intimidated is a better way to out it. The “hills” I had seen on Google Earth looked like the Rocky Mountains to this flatlander from Florida!""""

DITTO --- I had the EXACT same epiphany !!

I would like to do an elk hunt next year, but I realize I may not be in shape for it by then.

Hey... swing through Kansas, pick me up and we can drive out West an chase some elk! :)

Love the picture of your son running to greet you. Great memories were made on that trip out west.

^^^^^ This.

This may be one of the best hunting pictures I have ever seen on the internet.

After what you did the past 6 months, and what you accomplished, I am sure you are 10' tall in that kid's eyes.

Well done. Well done.

Don't let Jose get you down, he hates EVERY hunting picture....wait whhhhhaaaaatttt???!!!

Congrats on a great adventure.

Thanks again everyone! I picked up the last of the meat from the smoke house today. We had mule deer sausage and eggs for supper! It was great!

IMG_20161206_181115447.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back