Yeti GOBOX Collection

Another Griz Attack over the weekend

If you go into the griz woods with a bunch of fear and apprehension, maybe you shouldn't go.

It doesn't sound to me like they got scared nor panicked. And the only fear seems to have been from government prosecution.

But by your statements, I take it you would just suffer a mauling if you were charged? Or what? Because like sra61 said, there isn't much time to make up your mind between 10 and 0 yards.

It doesn't sound to me like they got scared nor panicked. And the only fear seems to have been from government prosecution.

But by your statements, I take it you would just suffer a mauling if you were charged? Or what? Because like sra61 said, there isn't much time to make up your mind between 10 and 0 yards.

Correct, no fear or panic. Just of eager beaver's looking to draw and quarter any Joe Blow unlucky enough to get too close to a griz, that has to defend himself. I had plenty of time and would have knocked his nether region in the dirt, but held off what could have easily been too long because of the fear of dealing with unreasonable bear cops. I knew of a local guy that had the misfortune of getting charged by a griz in tight quarters and was lucky enough to kill it by firing his .500 Smith from the hip. From what I heard the incessant grilling and investigation was unbelievable. I have no fear of them. If I go that way, then so be it. I never signed up to live forever.

Nope I carry bear spray whether archery or rifle hunting. Can't say I'd be able to make an accurate shot with a bear bearing down at me at 10 yards (no pun intended).

Spray is good if you can use it. Its often windy enough that you can't though, at least in places I hunt.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back