Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New From SE Washington. First Post

mariners_fan

My name is Mike and I recently found Randy's videos on youtube and I was instantly hooked. Mainly a waterfowl hunter but now I'm pumped to try elk and deer. Looking at possibly going to Colorado for elk next season. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So glad I found this forum and Randy's videos

Just do searches within the various forums of interest. There is a wealth of knowledge on here as many before you have asked the same questions you are asking.

Welcome

If have never hunted elk before then strongly suggest teaming up with someone who has hunted elk a few times. You can get OTC bull elk tags in CO. You may encounter a learning curve if hunting a new area and new species so consider finding a hunt buddy or a guide. CO terrain can vary from prairie to high mountain ridges so make sure you are prepared for the terrain and weather you can encounter. My first elk hunt was solo and ended up being a hike with a rifle. Nothing wrong with that but now that have hunted elk a few times if I could go back in time to my first elk hunt then would do a lot of things differently. A buddy or guide can help you so are doing more of the right things on your first hunt.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back