Why the Shortage of Blackhorn 209 ?

F250

I cannot find any Blackhorn 209 anywhere. Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mtn., local stores, on line search, I've tried all of them. Anyone know why retailers are all backordered ?

Don't know if this explains it or not but I was looking to order it online and there was an extra $20 shipping charge due to it being hazardous. They probably don't want to keep much in stock at that shipping cost. My local Cabela's had some in stock even though their website said that it was backorderable. I had to ask someone to look in the back for it as there wasn't even an empty display carton on the shelf.

I picked up a small bottle a few weeks ago at the cabelas in PA, but I was really hoping to get the large bottle. They only had about one or two more on the shelf.

Yes, we have specific seasons muzzleloaders in my state, surrounding states, and Quebec. However a good friend who owns a gun shop has been backordered since summer by his sources. I think I have enough for my wife and I to get through this season, as we are all sighted in now. I am hoping the company that makes the stuff has not gone out of business. I order some Winchester 209 pellets from Cabelas and had to pay the $20.00 Haz/Mat fee.

I think it's demand vs. their ability to produce it. Can't find any around here either so will likely use pellets for this season and try to stock up in the off season.

I have yet to see BH209 powder anywhere in my area. I would love to try it. Everyone I've talked to, has said what and awesome powder it is. Also it's made by Accurate Powders and they are thriving, just trying to keep up with production demands.

I saw this last year, too, so I bought 3 small cans of it in May. I agree that they can't seem to deliver more than a few (~6-12) to each store that carries them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back