Ole Cactus Butt!

Bukwild3

I finally got a chance to get in a hike, as this is usually where I listen to the podcast, and just wanted to say I enjoyed the after hunt format. Randy's luck with cactus and grown men pulling thorns out is hilarious. Keep up the good work with the podcast!

As somebody from the east with a lack of prickly plants, I'm beginning to think this is an almost daily occurrence out there... sure makes for a funny story and what I'm assuming is a funnier picture.

This year was my first experience with cactus while I was in Wyoming on an antelope hunt. I still have thorns in my shins. My uncle looked at me funny when I told him we needed knee pads for the hunt. Each time I sat to glass I kept saying watch out you don't want thorns in backside like Randy! Lol These podcasts bring to light the complete hunt. Not just the good and the bad that the show with a time limit has to show. The funny stuff, constant picking on a son to get married, the hooping and hollering of your friends after the shot that would generally not get shown is all part of what make hunts so great. The kill is a goal but the memories are the prize!

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Ole Cactus Butt shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sits on cacti with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in America now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Cactus Butt's day.

You called it.

Anyone notice that I had them on backwards? It was dark when I changed britches that morning.

I figured they were dirty on one side so you turned them around.

Good thing it wasn't a rattler and they had to suck the poison out....you might still be layin' out in the mesa :D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back