Thinking about getting back into archery......

aj427ci

OK, I sold most of my archery equipment a couple of years ago after shooting a really nice buck with what seemed to be a perfect double lung shot at 18 yards and searched for a complete day with hardly no blood and never found it. I burned my tag in frustration and sold my bow. I've never lost an animal with a rifle. But I really enjoyed bow hunting and with longer seasons dedicated to bow hunting it seems like the right strategy for me. The biggest question is what bow to buy. Archery is expensive, I'm probably going to have to get a gently used bow of a upper tier manufacturer to fit my budget. Have you guys found it difficult to get parts for bows that are lets say 5-6 years old. The bow makers are constantly changing models (almost worse than cell phones lol) thanks for your help.

Let me be the first to tell you that know one can tell you what bow to buy. You need to shoot them and get an idea what you like.

Unless you have an accident or catastrophic dry fire or string break, bows just don't fail very often. I have a buddy that wanted to change the draw length on an old bow, I believe it was a Mathews, he had to wait for them to machine the cam but they did it. There are after market limbs available from Barnsdale and with the internet and places like acherytalk you can find lots of parts.

You do need to go to a local pro shop that knows what they are doing and shoot a few different brands. Don't pay too much attention to speed ratings, most newer bows are between 310-340 fps.

Not really asking for opinions on certain bows but what manufacturers support there older bows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back