Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Got one!

Firedude

I've been trying for a couple of years now to get a wolf. The other day while elk hunting I heard a low howl. I started sneaking my way 1/4 mile to where I heard it. A few draws over from where I was. I bowhunt so I've gotten what I feel is pretty good at sneaking. I worked my way up to a ridge and hid behind a tree on the top. I looked for about 10 minutes without seeing anything. Then caught a glimpse of something in the thick brush maybe 100 yards away. She started sneaking up to the ridge on the other side. 1 shot and she rolled down the hill. I've wondered since then if she bedded for the day and I snuck up on her or if I was inside her "comfort zone" and she laid down to hide. I've seen a clever coyote of two do that when they think they can get out of view. That may be something to consider when you are hunting them. Perhaps they lay down to hide so keep an eye close to the ground for anything suspicious.
View attachment 64214
1 very pretty wolf. I'll be trapping this winter to see If I can get another one. There's always a chance I guess.

Last edited:
Beautiful wolf! Congrats!! I sure wish Minnesota could get their season back...

I could have shot 3 of them this year in WY. One bedded down and was sunning itself for over a hour 160yds below my glassing point. I wish WY wolf season existed!!

a wolf is certainly on my bucket list!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back