New Toy: Browning Hell's Canyon Speed

406LIFE

I picked up a Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in 300 Win Mag and I figured I'd write some words for it.

First, I am very much in love with this gun. It shoots so smoothly. I put some rounds through it and it shot sub-MOA in every group. Ragged holes where in every group at 100 yards. The muzzle break works nicely and this does not kick anything like my old mans A-bolt in the same caliber with the BOSS.

I scoped it with a Vortex Viper HST. This is a ncie scope, too. The calrity and precision is evident. I just wish the magnification wasn't so hard to turn up.

All in all I am thrilled to have this combo ready to go for this season, even if it is half over.

Pictures?
Also, how is the threaded cap that comes with it? Is is pretty seamless when installed?

Pictures?
Also, how is the threaded cap that comes with it? Is is pretty seamless when installed?

I meant to do that at the range and forgot, I'll get some pics up soon.

The muzzle break and the cap are both easily installed. I don't expect it to come loose anytime soon. I will leave the muzzle break on.

Cool looking production rifle with some nice features, I like the weight and ceracoat color. Sounds like yours is a precision shooter.

I'm jealous, my brother got one in 7 mag and apparently it shoots very well also.

Pics, one with the new DOPE disk inserted.

Attachments

• 20161204_191410.jpg
    20161204_191410.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 20161204_191349.jpg
    20161204_191349.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,958
My last hunt it was useful. Shooting does on a ranch and only safe direction was into the sun.

I have one in .308. My only complaint is I have the trigger pull as light as it will allow and still a bit stiff for my liking.

Great looking gun! I've been torn between this model and the new X-Bolt Pro. Just waiting on someone to get one of the pros in stock so I can see it in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back