idaho wolf sighting

Baerman

I was out scouting for deer the eve of opening day and on the lookout for wolves when I saw this. We had seen quite a bit of wolf sign in the drainage below and hoped they were still in the area. They just would cooperate. This was at about 1200 yds across a basin. I used fox pro with wolf pair to get their attention. It worked but not good enough. They got to the top of the basin via the ridgeline and then dumped over the back while we were set up waiting. I'm confident they did not see or smell us as we later crossed their tracks and they moved on. Hind sight I should have just waited them out to see if they would relax and bed on the ridgeline so that we could move in on them unsuspecting us.

And this is why I'm having a 28 nosler built for me right now!

[URL=http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/Baerdg/media/2016%20wolf%20sighting/20161009_110908_zpss9ks9wdu.jpg.html][/URL]

Nice pic! I keep hoping/trying to lay eyes on a wolf in ID. No luck yet, but I'll keep trying.

Cool- great picture! I've only picked them up on game cameras here. But I keep buying a tag every year in hopes. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Wow that is an awesome pic. That dog on the right looks huge. I would have a hard time shooting the black one with that pig around. Either way you couldn't go wrong with either one.

Wow that is an awesome pic. That dog on the right looks huge. I would have a hard time shooting the black one with that pig around. Either way you couldn't go wrong with either one.

the white/grey ones were definately larger. I've always wanted a black one. would have been a hard decision if the stars would have aligned.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back