MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hunting season fishing trip " Big sky ling"

Coyotes-R-Us

LING

Guys
You should have been there...

The night was as good as you can expect for two days before Halloween "witch " can be the coldest day of the year.
101_2316_zps3ib8sfkb.jpg

101_2315%20-%20Copy_zps4gstxazu.jpg

They won't let us have a fire on the ground anymore and the fire bucket is burned out so just a heater and lantern.

101_2318_zpssgvjhwt2.jpg

Wind was very light from the south ish, no floating moss and around 50*

101_2321_zpsxg3cu3xd.jpg

This set the tone, she got the first fish, right at dark, and it was a ling. From then on It was non stop.

101_2322_zpsp3m64fwh.jpg

101_2323_zpsylrveuwm.jpg

101_2324_zpsixuatckm.jpg

101_2325_zpsgeq7zxta.jpg

The face says it all.

101_2322a_zpsj1e3u8l5.jpg

101_2326_zpslzo8pfgv.jpg

I had an extra pole "loaded" and ready to go, As soon as we had one on the ground I would deploy the extra.
By the time I had the fish off in the crate or returned and re bait there was another "Fish on", Sometimes we had two fish in play and the extra not "loaded". By 9:00 she was exhausted and we just HAD to stop. I missed a ton of fish just working her, One ling was over 4 pounds , she also got two Huge Mondo rainbow too one of them was 4 pounds. She hocked and reeled in all her own fish.

101_2328_zpsb36nmd16.jpg

We kept one , the smaller trout ,and two ling.
My neighbor wanted a ling.
If we had , had more fisherman I know a 30 or 40 fish night would have been possible.
One of the better ling fishing nights I have had in many years.

DELICIOUS! I don't think there are many fish more ugly than ling but hardly any that taste better either. I'll take ling over walleye every day of the week.

Man, I would love to learn how to fish for ling.

She looks like she is loving life!

Looks like a fantastic night. People think they are ugly but I think they are one of the coolest fish out there. I didn't know the fall was a good time to catch them. If it's not a secret, I'd be curious what kind of bait you were using?

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

From Halloween through March is there active time, at night no moon tinfoil over the river side of the lantern.
A good peace of sucker meat with the skin still on is the ONLY thing for Ling....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back