Montana whitetail (solo edition)

kansasdad

My DVR captured this episode several weeks ago, and I found the time to watch it last night. Doing that episode solo and getting your story told in under twenty four hours is quite remarkable. One thing that I think is quite remarkable is the "teaching by doing" that you were able to pack into this episode.

By sharing your thought processes on how this area was selected and sharing your thought process on why you decided to pass on the first big bodied whitetail traveling through you were Professor Newberg, teaching a class and sharing a story. The best educational segment for me was the process that you documented (SOLO!) in finding your impact location, and how you worked your way down his tracks, never giving up and finally seeing the finest spray of blood on the snow. Now encouraged that the shot had found its mark, amidst the growing signs of lethality you kept going (documenting solo, and showing quite well how it could be done), until your buck was found laying there with what appears to be a perfectly placed shot. You had a nice day in the field, with harvest success well documented and rolled it into a nice neat package of a TV episode. Good work Big Fin.

One of my favorite episodes. Had the same experience here in Northern California. Knew the shot was good (225 yds slightly downhill with slight wind), but could not find any hair or blood. Without video to review I was starting to doubt, but could not bring myself to give up on the search after 30 minutes. 1.5 hours of searching and I finally found him piled up in manzanita bush down the canyon. He had ran below the ledge out of sight and took a hard right turn. I assumed he went down the draw. Smelled him before I saw him. Double lung with a 7 Mag and no blood for about 100yds.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back