Yeti GOBOX Collection

Jim:N CA introduction

crazyoldguy

I joined to meet and share information with other fellow hunters. As context I have always hunted alone as I could never find anyone as crazy (as I am called) wanting to get away from the crowd in N CA. I generally hunt deer and bear in the Mendocino National forest, Yolla Bolly and Yuki Wilderness. If anyone wishes to hunt these area I am quite happy to share my 35 years of experience. As I get older....and older I find myself drawn to go further and further out which is why my handle is crazyoldguy. I am heading to Montana next week elk hunting in the Centennial Mountains for the second year. I am not asking anyone to reveal their secret spots, but anyone wishing to share information on other public land areas in Montana where someone could hike in on foot and hunt deer and elk in future years with a general season nonresident tags (non-draw areas) I would be most appreciative.

Jim

I know people do well in the Centennials. It can be hit or miss depending on weather and the elk crossing back and forth over the state line. You should do well

Absolutely. Interesting you reached out since I believe we live and hunt in similar areas of California and looks like we might even hunt the same area 1,000 miles away. I would enjoy hearing from you.

Welcome Jim, I have been hunting the Yuki area for the last 20 years. I have to say this year it was extremely crowded up there. Good luck on your Elk hunt.

Back