Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Antelope

Ttannahill14

Just got back to Kansas from east central wyoming for our Antelope hunt. This was all of our first experience out west and first public land hunt. Learned a ton. Harvested 3 bucks and 2 does between 4 guys. No giants but with a zero point 100% draw odds we were all pumped to shoot our antelope.

Wednesday: Travel, set up camp, scout
Thursday: 1 buck shot, along with a doe. Grilled tenderloins and heart for lunch. Enjoyed the tenderloins, did not enjoy the heart.
Friday: 1 buck shot. Wind picked up, broke my tent poles. Goats seemed to be down in the draws out of the wind a lot more harder to see from the road.
Saturday: I shot my buck at 40 yards. Wasn't much of a stalk he just kinda stood there. Small dumb ones die early I guess, ha! Left for Kansas that afternoon and got home about 1 AM. Discovered my wife got my truck stuck on a dirt road at 2AM coming home from a friends house, her cell phone died and she had to walk back 6 miles to our house and got back at 4... A weekend of excitement to say the least.

Antelope were killed at: 395, 75, 75, 40, and 30.

Smaller buck than I had hoped... But I'll take it for my first one, and the last day I was feeling the pressure.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Moonlight Cards.
image.jpg

Back straps and heart for lunch.

image.jpg

Firsr night got down below 25... Colder night sleep than we were prepared for.
image.jpg

My wife really thought she could make it through....???
image.jpg

Ha, I'd probably try to drive through the Everglades if the other option was to back up and go around the section. Congrats on what looks like a great hunt and a lot of fun!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back