Caribou Gear Tarp

Mike - Florida

Hambone0341

Hello,

I am very new to the forum. I found this place after following Randy for a while and watching the Elk 101 series on Youtube. My goal is to learn what I can and prepare myself to head out to Colorado next September for my first Elk hunt. As you all are probably aware we have nothing like that here in Florida. Not sure what to expect, but I have an idea of what is needed.

I have a relative that will be going out to GMU 36 with a group around black powder season. If I can pick up a OTC tag I plan to tag along and use their camp as a starting point to set out and find an area to set up a spike camp where maybe a friend and I will hunt.

Welcome, I am also looking into applying for tags in CO early next year, for next fall season. Also a fan of Randy and Steven Rinella. I never hunted before I stumbled on an episode of OYOA, a few years ago.
I am in Tallahassee imu if you are in the area.
Matt

Matt, I wish you the best of luck. This feels like such an undertaking at the moment. I have threaten to do this hunt for years and never got around to planning it. With work and family life always taking priority, I hardly have time to get out to the Forest and hunt white tail most of the year. If I can make this trip a success, no major set backs, I will probably plan one of these trips every year or ever other year.

If all goes well, we should be out there early to mid September. When I get back I will let you know how the experience went. Maybe I can help save you a hard lesson or two.

Good deal. I've spent a little bit of time down in Lakeland. I like that area and applied to Lakeland Electric a while back.

Back