Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

Great thread! Quality pictures will keep memories forever. A little bit of thought can make a huge difference in photo quality. One thing I have had good luck with is to lower the aperture on my camera to leave all the focus on the animal and the hunter.

There some great thing's in here. I don't take photo's of dead animals anymore. Lot of people take really great one's But I got tired of seeing the disrespectful one's of the animals. So if I want a photo of an animal, get it before I shoot it. This might be to big to put in here. A photo a nephew took in Africa of a wild leopard. I think this is a much better photo of the leopard than a photo of it dead.

DSCN0413.jpg

I wanted to revive this thread as it has a lot of good info in it. I by no means am a great photographer, but I did learn a lot reading thru it and realized what mistakes I was making. Lately, on this forum there have been a lot of photos being posted that could of used the advice given through out this thread. Seeing pics posted like this one just make me cringe and it takes away from the experience you are trying to share. Please review the tips that got shared here so you can have good photos to share down the road.

To the OP of the pic, sorry, it is a good example. You shot a great deer. What I am talking about is the muzzle pointed at your head, the bloody mouth open, and the orientation making it an almost vertical hill. That all takes the viewers eyes away from of your success that your trying to show. A couple quick minutes staging it with that background you would of had an awesome photo.
what not to do.jpg

View attachment 82194

I put my buddy from Texas on this buck. Yes that’s my brother in the background taking a leak. This picture has a lot of wrongs. I still love it!

No, this is a fantastic picture-it has a guy taking a leak, a dude with two hats on, a dude sitting on top of a dead deer, blood everywhere, blurry sticks between the camera and the subject, I could go on...

No, this is a fantastic picture-it has a guy taking a leak, a dude with two hats on, a dude sitting on top of a dead deer, blood everywhere, blurry sticks between the camera and the subject, I could go on...

My wife is asking me what's so funny as I am reading this thread! Seriously, what are some of you guys thinking?! LOL

How Can we forget the CLASSIC from a certain Muley site?

Let me count the ways....especially the background guy.....

bongbuck.jpg

Nice to see this one resurrected:rolleyes:........................................................................................................................................

Back