Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

A recent gift to the interwebs. That he rode this brute into an archery forum and bow hunt discussion made it that much more notable.

Attachments

• IMG_1234.JPG
    IMG_1234.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:
It is too bad you have to fill yourself with faux outrage and pretend like people are offended in this day and age.

If you look at the thread title, it is about "pictures I really don't care for". Nothing about pictures that offend me.

I am NOT offended by guys who wear their ball caps so low as to throw their face into shade, making the picture not show the fun/enjoyment they should have had after a successful hunt. If you somehow read offense into that, you have quite the paranoid streak/ imagination.

Same with the downward angle on the subject. I can't imagine someone being offended by the downward angle, but lead your faux crusade against those who don't care for pictures composed with a downward angle on Grip and Grins, children playing, or dogs.

Enjoy your life finding imaginary offense.

I never used the word offended. And I'm certainly not outraged. I want everyone to keep posting pics whether they are perfect or not. Best of luck to you all!

LOL. I was just playin Jose. I could care less what most think of my pics...I try to do the animal justice with the cam...sometimes it just doesn't happen...I hunt with a couple of guys that have to pose everything, have the sunset in the background, matching camo on....it gets to me a little sometimes...you can only pose a rabbit, duck, goose, turkey, etc so many ways....by the way, great thread....im lovin the weird pics.

If you're going to long arm 'em, at least try to make it look real.

Attachments

• chuckadams.JPG
    chuckadams.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,115
This was from my dad's sheep hunt a couple years ago. I insisted that we take a whole bunch of photos so that we could ensure one would come out. The fog was rolling in and the snow was starting to come down. My brothers were complaining at the time but I'm sure they are thankful now that we have great photos to remember the hunt. Photos to show our own kids one day and memories that remain documented for all time.

That's why taking good photos is important to me. My pops won't always be able to hunt with me and he won't always be here; but I have quality photos to remind me of the hunt and allow those who weren't there to get a mental picture of the memory as well.

Take the extra time to get a good photo. You won't ever regret it. I promise you that.

FB_IMG_1476552035902.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo Watt21. Some great suggestions for better pictures here. Good thread Jose.

How does Jose feel about the photos of 3 guides 4 spotters, 2 admin assistants with 1 hunter and an animal?

Those are some of my favorites. I just wish they'd caption them with "IT TAKES A VILLAGE" I'm NOT referencing Watt 21 in any way as friends and family on a OIL tag is different than a hired hit squad.

While I'm sure my photos don't live up to expectations I try...I'm not sure this Internet gem can be beat tho

IMG_0820.jpg

This is a great thread. I've worked on my picture taking as well, but I still can't figure out what to do at night. My wife shot this bull recently and it died on a steep hill in a bunch of new growth trees. It was everything I could do to get it cleared out enough for pics, but I couldn't move the elk because if he broke loose he would head to the bottom and into a thick creek bottom. So, what are some suggestions to get better pics at night?

I didn't read through all of these so am probably mentioning what has already been stated but 3 photos really disgust me. 1. Tailgate or garage photos, don't give a damn about your craftsman tools, rakes, weed eater or other chit in your garage, if you're too lazy to pack a camera in the field and actually use it, keep your photos to yourself. 2. Tongue hanging out and blood all over the place, some blood is ok but please clean it up a bit and keep the tongue in the mouth. 3. 20 other people in the photo especially if they are your guides and spotters, I hate that, 1 or 2 is enough and preferably your kids or Mom or Dad.

I always remember a Photo that lit up this group. He is no longer here, but doesn't everyone enjoy a picture of a Head shot deer in one hand and a bottle of Jack Daniels in the other? Nothing say class like that! John

How does Jose feel about the photos of 3 guides 4 spotters, 2 admin assistants with 1 hunter and an animal?

Those are some of my favorites. I just wish they'd caption them with "IT TAKES A VILLAGE" I'm NOT referencing Watt 21 in any way as friends and family on a OIL tag is different than a hired hit squad.

I was forced to be in one of those pictures this Fall. And, I felt stupid in the posing of the posse with people who had little to do with the hunter or the animal.

In fact, the Outfitter made the hunter sign a release saying no photos could be posted with out the outfitter's permission and watermark, by the hunter.

Needless to say, with as many cameras as were around, owned by people who did not sign the release and agreement, there are plenty of good pictures without the Posse, and, without the outfitter's watermark on the pictures.

The pictures of the hunter and buddies are great. Calling people from 20 miles around to pose in the pictures doesn't do so much for me.

Verdict: I really don't care for them.

Here is another one I really don't care for.....

Wyoming Orange.jpg

I know Wyoming and Montana require you to wear orange, but, for the picture process, let's ditch the $1.39 orange vests from WalMart.

This is a GREAT picture, good picture of the hunter, love the fog, etc.... Just could do without the orange....

Here is another one..... I really don't care for....

If hunting is fun, why isn't the hunter smiling???

No Smile.jpg

And, back to Page 1, see why I don't like ball caps pulled down and shading half the hunter's face??

View attachment 63162

This is a great thread. I've worked on my picture taking as well, but I still can't figure out what to do at night. My wife shot this bull recently and it died on a steep hill in a bunch of new growth trees. It was everything I could do to get it cleared out enough for pics, but I couldn't move the elk because if he broke loose he would head to the bottom and into a thick creek bottom. So, what are some suggestions to get better pics at night?

My best suggestion would be to rotate the Earth 90 degrees before taking the picture.....

Great bull, great smile.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back