Grip and Grin Pictures I don't really care for.....

Uh, you may think you are hot sh*t for catching me, but look what I'm doing to your waders.

View attachment 63094

You aren't the one that left the Duck Creek fish cleaning station looking like this are you?

cleaning%20station1_zpsxlvcfuvv.jpg

cleaning%20station2_zpswmqw1imf.jpg

I think we've all taken pictures we regret, or ones that with just a little setup could have been great. I know I have some terrible ones.

The ones that I don't care for are the "set-up" pictures with the hunter doing something out of context for the moment, but taking a picture just to take a picture to prove? that you did it, for example praying, or shaking hands with another hunter, or... making out with a dead animal, or giving one a hug...

The sheep picture is by far the weirdest I've ever seen, and I saw 3 others last year, haven't seen any others this year. To each his own, but the hugging picture is flat out weird too, but many people defend it and think its the coolest thing ever. I'm convinced that Kuiu is required clothing for wierdos.

I cant stand these hugging and kissing photos either. Its just strange to me.

Question...when did everyone start to get so worried about what our pictures look like? Most everyone likes seeing old black and white photos with dead animals in the back of old trucks, or thrown across the hood, or stacked like cord wood, or a dozen deer hanging from a meat pole. The old weapons in the pictures always make them look cooler to me. What changed? I guess I just don't get why people get so worked up over any of this stuff.

The old weapons in the pictures always make them look cooler to me. What changed? I guess I just don't get why people get so worked up over any of this stuff.

My thought; how can I create a better memory. I have lots of shots with blood, tongue, etc....that I wish I could have done better. Nothing wrong with trying to make the best memory for you. If you are happy with your "documentation", who cares about what others think. Just a humorous thread.

My thought; how can I create a better memory. I have lots of shots with blood, tongue, etc....that I wish I could have done better. Nothing wrong with trying to make the best memory for you. If you are happy with your "documentation", who cares about what others think. Just a humorous thread.

These are my thoughts as well.... I rarely look at the horns on the wall but find myself going back over old photos and videos often. I also really like to share my photos with all of my friends and family and know they enjoy looking at them as much as I like "showing them off". Not all of them hunt, but most do support it and I like to share pics that show as much respect for what we do as possible. Like most everyone else, i have lots of old pics I wish I would have done better and do my best not to make those mistakes again. Maybe fodder for a separate post, but I would really like to see peoples favorite examples of taking "Grip N Grins". I know I have gotten better at it in recent years but with several tags left in my pocket for this year, maybe sharing a few good ones will help me capture a unique and memorable shot from one of my upcoming hunts.

Hopefully Dinkshooter hops on here and posts up his classic remake of sitting on the bull with cig in mouth and gun between the rack. I'm too lazy to search it up.

Question...when did everyone start to get so worried about what our pictures look like? Most everyone likes seeing old black and white photos with dead animals in the back of old trucks, or thrown across the hood, or stacked like cord wood, or a dozen deer hanging from a meat pole. The old weapons in the pictures always make them look cooler to me. What changed? I guess I just don't get why people get so worked up over any of this stuff.

2016 ....... where we are offended by everything.

The photos I take may not be perfect by any means but the ones that bother me the most are the ones I did not take. For so many years I never took pictures. Now I find myself at a point in life where I'm enjoying the pictures of the hunt, people I'm with, and the country I'm in as much or more than the kill

Goat

2016....where we take everything a bit to serious.

Some guys on here may be joking around and you may be one of them, but some people are too serious about it. I like to see all kinds of trophy pics. I just think we need to lighten up a bit. Carry on and have a great weekend!

Wait, kissing the ram is a thing? It must be a KUIU thing. That is the first I've seen of it.

Great topic Jose.

If I ever shoot anything worth taking a picture of, I will consider the composition of a good photo. I am an old fart and rarely took pictures. My wife is the photographer in the family. She may come along on a deer hunt, but rarely anything else.

The few pictures I have are after I reach home and they are as bad as the one you are detailing.

Still. your point is food for thought.

Thank you.

Eastern Montana in the late 80's. A friend from college took this picture to document that we did indeed shoot a "truckload" of deer.

truck_load_of_deer.jpg

I really try to take good pictures now although I'm still guilty of not doing a very good job sometimes. I messed up and didn't get a good shot of my Mountain goat in 2014. Light wasn't right and a storm was coming in and I was in a hurry to get it broken down and get off the mountain. It's always hard when you are up on a mountain by yourself unless your last name is Miller.

I'm going to try to do a better job of sharing more than just the trophy shot on social media in the future as well. I'm guilty of just just posting up the trophy pic and nothing else sometimes.

Well, I look forward to hopefully offending the hell out of Jose this fall with what ever picture I manage to take. Just hope I remember to bring my dinky camera along to do the offending deed :W:

I agree w/ PAGoat. It's the crummy ones I did not take tht bother me now.

FWIW I think the pics I see on this forum are, for the most part, outstanding. I enjoy the heck out of seeing where every one else has been

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back