AZ OTC Archery Mule Deer

Challen

Looking for someone to archery hunt late season mule deer in Arizona in January. Dates are January 9-13 roughly. This is the rut for AZ mulies and the tags are available over-the-counter. I'd love to get hooked up with one or more guys theatre willing to put in some miles on public land looking for some mature bucks in the 140"-160" range. Preferably someone who has archery hunted mule deer before. Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Do you have a spot? Looking for someone who has a spot? Or "pin the tail on the donkey" style?

Do you have a spot? Looking for someone who has a spot? Or "pin the tail on the donkey" style?

I don't have a specific spot, but I've narrowed it down to a couple of different units. I'll continue scouting digitally, since I don't live near AZ, and will make some phone calls to AZ Fish and Game to gather some Intel and tips on how to and where to hunt in these units. Are you local to AZ? Have you hunted there before?

I'm down in Arizona but haven't done any archery hunts or any for mule deer yet (still gunnin' for that coues..) What units have you been looking at?

I am also looking at a Mule Deer OTC hunt late season archery in Arizona. I live in Denver and am looking at the 2nd half of January to make the trip. Been chasing muleys with a bow for 2 years in backcountry Colo and sandhills of Western Nebraska, so a bit of a newbie, in good shape so able/willing to put in the miles, glassing, etc. Have been scouting units using Google Earth, talked with AZ Fish and Game a few times. Heard about the January OTC archery hunt during the rut and looks like a good way to extend the season. If someone's looking for a hunting partner for muleys, 2nd half of January 2017 in AZ, let's talk. Thanks

I am also looking at a Mule Deer OTC hunt late season archery in Arizona. I live in Denver and am looking at the 2nd half of January to make the trip. Been chasing muleys with a bow for 2 years in backcountry Colo and sandhills of Western Nebraska, so a bit of a newbie, in good shape so able/willing to put in the miles, glassing, etc. Have been scouting units using Google Earth, talked with AZ Fish and Game a few times. Heard about the January OTC archery hunt during the rut and looks like a good way to extend the season. If someone's looking for a hunting partner for muleys, 2nd half of January 2017 in AZ, let's talk. Thanks

I'm looking to go the 2nd or 3rd week of January. DM me your info and let's discuss possibly putting together a trip.

See you there. I'll be chasing muleys or Coues, along with an archery javi tag and a shotgun for those delicious little quail that tempt me to no end.

I'm down in Arizona but haven't done any archery hunts or any for mule deer yet (still gunnin' for that coues..) What units have you been looking at?

A few. DM me and we can discuss possibly planning a hunt.

I'm headed to AZ for the Late OTC archery deer hunt. Anytime in January is good for me. I frankly took the whole month off. Like Randy, I'm going prepared for Javi and any upland game available for evening table fare. Primarily looking for Coues, but, I'm not gonna pass up a good quality Mulie if one ventures by. DM me if you're going and we can make the plans.

I am heading out next weekend (Dec 8th) for my second attempt at archery Muleys. All I have been able to do is google earth scouting and talk to the wildlife manager in the unit. I have been living in AZ for a couple years and am soaking up every bit of info I can on western hunting. Hopefully my hunting partner and I will fill our 2016 tags and be back out in January with 2017 tags.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back