Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Changing bags on a Kuiu frame

Magnum Sherpa

Does anyone know if there are updated instructions or videos on changing the bags on an Icon Pro frame? I have a 2015 model, and all of the videos online from Kuiu are of the 2013 model. The problem is that the frame, suspension, and bags all changed substantially from 2013 to 2015. One problem that I always have with my Icon Pro 7200 is that the bag always comes off the uppers stays on the frame. It seems like it should be simple enough, but there are so many connection points when changing out the bag. This is probably my biggest gripe about the Kuiu packs. For as much as they charge for them, the instructions that come with them are terrible.

It takes like 2 minutes, undo the buckles, take bag off, redo the same buckles with the new bag, what is there to gripe about?

I interchange all 3 bag sizes I have with no issues, unless I route the webbing through the upper lifter stays incorrectly, which I've done recently. If you're having the same problem, it's up through the back slot, down through the middle slot.

It takes like 2 minutes, undo the buckles, take bag off, redo the same buckles with the new bag, what is there to gripe about?

The biggest issue I have is with the upper frame stays not remaining in the pockets. It gets annoying having to reposition them every time I take the pack off and set it down. If it is so simple, why is the Kuiu video on the 2013 model like 10 minutes long?

I interchange all 3 bag sizes I have with no issues, unless I route the webbing through the upper lifter stays incorrectly, which I've done recently. If you're having the same problem, it's up through the back slot, down through the middle slot.

I think I know what you are describing, but would you be able to post a picture? Thanks!

I think I know what you are describing, but would you be able to post a picture? Thanks!

Sherpa,
I re-read your post, and you indicate upper frame pockets, I think the issue I had was not the same, I'm not sure what you're referring to for frame pockets. Anyway, here is a pic with the upper frame straps woven correctly.
image.jpg

Sherpa,
I re-read your post, and you indicate upper frame pockets, I think the issue I had was not the same, I'm not sure what you're referring to for frame pockets. Anyway, here is a pic with the upper frame straps woven correctly.
View attachment 63099

Thanks for the picture. That bag you have looks like a 3200 or 5200? On the 7200 bag at the top there are pockets that those upper frame stays (the little prongs at the top) are inserted in to.

Where are you with this? I can help if needed. I've taken my bag off and put it back on to many times in the short 3 weeks I've had it lol! I have the 2016 Icon pro 5200. The frame does slide into the top pockets.

I used to have one. If I remember correctly, it is tension from the bottom stays and the load sling adjustment that holds them in.

I had the same problem, you're using the wrong loops on the bottom end of the pack. Use the two loops that are farther up the back of the pack.

I have had the same issue and it is also my biggest frustration. WHat I found is the problem is a combination of two things, make sure you're connected on the correct bottom two loops at the very bottom at the hip belt and make sure you have a little bit of tension on the "lid" pulling down around the top of the bag where it attaches to the stay pockets. I'm not sure what I did wrong and as far as I can tell everything on mine is attached right, but I had the same problem for a while until aI corrected the issue with the lid. Once the lid was tight around the upper stays, the pack bag stopped o]coming off the frame stays.

I have had the same issue and it is also my biggest frustration. WHat I found is the problem is a combination of two things, make sure you're connected on the correct bottom two loops at the very bottom at the hip belt and make sure you have a little bit of tension on the "lid" pulling down around the top of the bag where it attaches to the stay pockets. I'm not sure what I did wrong and as far as I can tell everything on mine is attached right, but I had the same problem for a while until aI corrected the issue with the lid. Once the lid was tight around the upper stays, the pack bag stopped o]coming off the frame stays.
This right here! make sure your bottom 2 straps and clip are in and pull tight.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back