Iowa early smoke pole 2016

duckhunt

Down to a few days left until the smoke pole opener. Taking care of some lawn work tonight. Tomorrow after work its time to sight in the knight And do some last minute scouting. This year I will not be going up to my trailer so this hunt will be done in my home town. Will be giving daily updates. Im not going to be picky. If its got good backstraps its going down.

Good luck to all

Its opening morning and I am patiently waiting for shooting light. Had back strap for supper last night to kick the season off right.

i enjoy the excitement of waiting for first light and the expectations of a new day and what it might bring , enjoy your hunt. im getting ready to go out in a few and hunt the last few hours in the coast range for blacktails

This morning I saw 0. The kids seen a few but no shot opportunity. So far this afternoon I have seen a few young ones but nothing worth pulling the trigger on. A little over an hour left of daylight. Lets see how this goes.

saw 1 shooter doe but no opportunity. Dad didn't see a deer all day and the older boysaw 3 shooters all out of range. The mosquitoes are out of control. Extra bug spray in the morning.

Just got done with supper and time for some home made popcorn.

Foggy and damp this morning. Alot of wood ducks flying around. I love watching a ll the other wildlife when waiting for deer. Time for a deer sausage sandwich. Maybe that will change my luck.

Good luck! I didn't think that was possible in Iowa to not see a deer. Haha

The boy did a clean miss. After I heard the shot I was looking forward to cutting up a deer. At least Im not spending half the night tracking. Tomorrow is another day.

More small deer and a big doe that didn't offer a shot. Trying a different stand that we haven't sat in yet this year in the morning.

Hunted Sat & Sun morning and evening.... saw one small doe. Full moon and south winds and temps in the 70's. All add up to a bad start to the 9 day season. Looking to cool off later this week. Hopefully things change.

good luck to all
the dog

We are not doing very good. Dad shaved the belly hair off of a doe last night. I did a clean miss on a small buck this morning. Im taking the muzzle loader out back right now to double check everything. Im hoping i can blame the gun. probably operator error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back