Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best bow sling?

Magnum Sherpa

I wanted to see which bow sling everyone likes best. I have the Kuiu bow holder to attach my bow to my pack, and I like it when carrying my bow over long distances or when packing in or out. However, it takes a little too much time and too much motion to remove my bow from my pack when actually hunting. I figured a bow sling would be a better option if I haven't spotted or heard elk yet, but was in an area that I might encounter them at close range.

WHen you're wearing a pack there is no good way to wear a sling. Unless you're wearing a day pack that doesn't have a frame or load lifters. FOr me, either I pack the bow on the pack or I am carrying it in my hand.

I have the $30-ish Cabelas sling and it's alright. I don't love them, but sometimes it's nice to get the bow out of your hands. I see Solohunter is selling some now too, might be worth a look.

I've used a Primos bow sling the last couple elk seasons and have found it to be very comfortable and easy to use both putting on and taking off. Fits my Hoyt perfectly! Have to admit though, its the only one I've tried to date.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back