Operation Game Thief?

Colberjs

What do you guys know about this? Do they typically investigate most reports or are there so many they have to prioritize what they investigate? I was hunting in Unit 81 in CO last week and we found a large bull elk carcass with nothing but the head removed. I tried calling last Friday and got an answering machine. I tried again yesterday and they called me about 10:00 last night and I told them what I found and texted the girl the coordinates. She said she would forward it to a warden (I assume). I didn't hear anything today but I'm not sure they will even investigate since it's a 4-5 mile hike from the trailhead unless they can access it via private land.

BTW, I have no interest in any rewards. It just pisses me off to see people kill an animal and not utilize it at all. We pounded around out there for days trying to find an elk of either sex within bow range to fill the freezer and this dude wastes a couple hundred lbs of quality meat.

Last edited:
What do you guys know about this? Do they typically investigate most reports or are there so many they have to prioritize what they investigate? I was hunting in Unit 81 in CO last week and we found a large bull elk carcass with nothing but the head removed. I tried calling last Friday and got an answering machine. I tried again yesterday and they called me about 10:00 last night and I told them what I found and texted the girl the coordinates. She said she would forward it to a warden (I assume). I didn't hear anything today but I'm not sure they will even investigate since it's a 4-5 mile hike from the trailhead unless they can access it via private land.

BTW, I have no interest in any rewards. It just pisses me off to see people kill an animal and not utilize it at all. We pounded around out there for days trying to find an elk of either sex within bow range to fill the freezer and this dude wastes a couple hundred lbs of quality meat.

Being a resident and being friends with several DOW guys, they will absolutely investigate it. The distance will not matter, and I believe that they have previsions to access across Private property to investigate reports. Sometimes they lack sense of humor, and can be sticklers, they do take pride in their jobs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back