A few Montana oldies

Memories of old family hunting pictures from that same era is what lit my fire when I was a kid. Thanks for putting those up.

Love this stuff. I've got some old pictures from my grandfather in the 30s and 40s. I've thought the same thing that nameless range said but I can't put my figure on why. I really think it's because our modern lives don't compare to the work and hardships of our grandfathers and great grandfathers.

Wow now that is awesome I have hunted near that area a few times took a few deer there but not like those beauties. Love old black and whites.

I lived for a year in the little house on the river by Big Creek/Yellowstone,and then lived for a winter up at the Mountain Sky guest ranch building a newer lodge in 88'/89'.Spent a lot of time snooping around that country.I used to bow hunt solo up to the Pass for elk. Beautiful area.Saw some big deer back then,your photos reminded me of that great drainage.

WoW! Those are some great bucks, but that bull is a whopper. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Not to hijack here, but just wanted to post a picture of a deer my grandpa shot eating his sandwich back in the 70's in Montana. Never scored it but its a damn good deer

Attachments

• gpa deer.jpg
    gpa deer.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,828
Last edited:
awesome pictures and thank you for sharing some of your families past with us!

Wow, I am not sure if is that the picture is zoomed in or the black and white but the black and white picture makes the bucks look much bigger to me.

Back