Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thanks for having me - NickinAZ

NickinAZ

Just wanted to say hello. I have enjoyed reading the posts and wanted to introduce myself. I live just outside of Phoenix and I am relatively new to hunting. My first hunt was a Coues deer in unit 29 a couple years ago. I was hooked! 2015 was a leftover tags year for me. Trying to figure out the draw process was a chore. With the help of numerous posts, threads and YouTube videos related to this site 2016 has been a bonanza. I have cow elk in Az unit 27 October, bull elk New Mexico unit 5A late Oct, mule deer New Mexico unit 32 late Oct and Coues deer Az unit 36C in December. I feel I am prepared. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the info. I am grateful for this site and it's related information sources.

Hello Nick, sounds like the classwork has benefited you nicely, hope you have grand adventures with your hard won (or lucky!) tags and take me and HuntTalk along for the fun.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're going to have a very busy hunting season, good luck to you and take lots of pics.

Thanks again everyone. I wouldn't have been able to put these opportunities together if good people had not established the resources on this site and others. I will keep you posted and try to be a useful contributor.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I thought I would sum up my fall hunts. I ended up 3 for 5 not too shabby. Started off with my Az Cow Elk. I was able to bring one down on the fourth day. Super excited, it was a gut check of a hunt/stalk that I should put pen to paper about (lots of memories.. mistakes.. successes.. etc). Headed to New Mexico for Mule Deer and Bull Elk. Double booked my hunts on the same five day hunt period (not intentional.. NM game and fish saw me coming..) and was able to tag my Mule Deer on opening day by first light. Stuffed him in a cooler and left him with a good friend while I headed North to chase my Bull Elk. I had a legitimate opportunity spoiled by a couple guys who drove their jeep right through my herd before first light and pushed them onto private land. Very frustrated but still grateful for the opportunity and I learned a lot! Headed to Texas to go for a hog hunt but ended up on a white tail hunt instead. I was able to tag a small but very nice buck. I rounded out the fall with a Southern Arizona Coues Deer hunt. I had a very good tag in unit 36C from Dec 9th to Dec 31st. Due to work and commitments I wasn't able to make the most of the hunt and ended up only hunting the last four days of the year. Once again I had a legitimate opportunity but a rookie mistake on my part cost me my Coues Deer... very frustrating. And to top it all off I had to pack up my camp in the rain. All in all I would say 2016 made up for 2015. I struck out on tags for just about everything in 2015 so it was important to me to make the most of 2016. Very happy with my full freezer. The wife and I processed the Mule Deer and the White Tail ourselves. And I brought home a few squirrels too. Thanks everyone.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back