2016 Alaksa Moose

AkBearHunter

Spotted this bull on the evening of Monday the 5th and out him down on Tuesday morning. First pic was taken by a hunter that was watching this bull from about 500 yards away, not knowing I was putting a stalk on him and I had no idea he was in the area above this bull. Shot him from about 120 yards and he was living on the side of a mountain. He taped out at 60" even and was a tough pack out but well worth it.

2016 Bull moose.jpg

2016 Moose.jpg

Congrats! I'll get there someday. Our visits so far have only included some fishing but the plan is to move in a few years. Maybe then!

What a great trophy! Congrats. That pack out had to have been heavy! The best meat there is!

This was a HT hunt, I shot that bull on the side of a mountain about half way up and the only way to get him down was to quarter him with the hide on, bag the cut ends and drag it down the mountain. It made it heavier to drag but it saved the meat in a big way. We saw a lot of bulls in the week that I was in camp and they were already starting to rut, which is very unusual for this area. I suspect we might be in for a long winter this year.

Man, that is absolutely beautiful. I bet the other guy is wishing he was moving in instead of taking pictures!

Man, that is absolutely beautiful. I bet the other guy is wishing he was moving in instead of taking pictures!
Actually, he told me he had no intentions of shooting that bull because he would not have been able to pack it out by himself. He was asking a lot of questions and 1 of my partners thought he was a trooper but I don't believe he was after listening to him talk about why he wouldn't harvest the bull and telling me where he was camped. He took a lot of pics of that bull from the night before and i'll probably ask him to send me a couple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back