Caribou Gear Tarp

Must have items for 7-10 day hunt

Wipes, baby powder, tobacco products. From there it varies but the travel size baby powder or gold bond is quite fantastic.

If you’ve already got a pack and are looking for an awesome way to carry your rigfle hands free, but also have it readily available all the time, check out the Creed Outdoors Sling Saddle. I’ve loved having mine. Great thing is it’ll work with your existing sling and pack. It’s a great addition to your hunting gear!

Check it out.

www.creedoutdoors.com

or on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074896S5P..._klb1AbBWMXNTK

4 late replies on 4 old posts within a few minutes time pushing this product. Feels more like spam than legitimate hunt talk.

I will also spin a product:. Zinc Oxide for chaffing. Apparently, they use it for babies. This along with synthetic material underwear and wipes for daily cleanup for chaffing areas are all available at Walmart I'm sure. So maybe they'll give me a door greeter job now that I'm advertising for them.

Next is stuff for rubbing and blisters in the boots. Mole skin is obvious. But also gauze or sports wrap seems to work when I get rubbing around the ankle or lower leg.

A GPS. As otherwise I would still be wandering lost in the woods and not writing this.

Extra socks and underwear (remember synthetic material) for each day or else you'll undo your antichaffing and blister efforts in a hurry.

A tourniquet. If you're bleeding out, it will solve your problem perhaps at expensive of the limb. Just don't use for head bleeds. (Do not place the tourniquet around your neck.)

Sock liners
Baby wipes.
Preparation H.
Zinc Oxide.

If your feet or your butt go bad on you. Your trip is finished.

That's easy. I leave it in the vehicle on off so it stays charged.

I guess it depends. You might be able to use the GPS features even if you don't get cell reception. I've done two trips nin Alaska so I'm pretty new too. My brother brought his in the first trip and it somehow survived the downpoors. He had a battery pack. He played a fan noise.on his phone to help him sleep.

I've had a cell phone croke in Ohio rain just deer hunting/sleeping two miles from the road. GPS and sat messenger for me.

I'm with you on using cell phone exclusively for pics, videos, etc... I'm excited to try trekking poles for the first time too, and the suggestion for a book is great.

As mentioned by others, I never leave without wet wipes and desitin to prevent chaffing. I also bring a really intense Barska flashlight along with my headlamp. I like having the extra illumination if I feel it is needed or in an emergency.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back