Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

hunting partner or group

old man

Still looking for someone to Elk hunt with. I am 75 years old, and still healthy and in good shape for a flat lander. have also been working on getting in better shape. Hunted elk a few times with outfitters and last year OMO. I have hunted archery for about 20 years but this will be my first archery Elk. I am not a trophy hunter and any bull, or cow is fine with me. i am a team player and prity happy go lucky (most) of the time. This year i have a leftover cow tag for WYO. unit 111. I can go at any time if someone wants to come .otherwise i plan on hunting the last 8or9 days of Sept. if not successful returning in Nov. for rifle.I also subscribed to Elk 101 course and practicing my elk calls,subscribed to go hunt insider and have on x map chip.

Have you made it up to Wyo to do any scouting? I'm a Wyo resident and just checked on the tags & regs for 111, there's still some available cow tags for 111 and I'm willing to buy one and go with you. Only stipulation is there's only type 7 left for me, so I can bow hunt some in the 3rd week and the last few days of Sept but then I'll have to wait until Nov. 10th to pick up a thunder stick. If you're interested let me know, always up for meeting & hunting with new people!

OK, I'm in. I was not planning to go elk hunting this year (kind of getting old and burned out), but I just bought a 111-7 and here we go! The later the better for the elk, usually, and I cannot go until probably December or January, due to other hunting here.

If anybody has been there and wants to help some old bastards, all info would be appreciated. My wife thinks that I am nuts, but this just motivated me to dust off the old 7 mag again. Besides that, I really hate to miss a season of elk hunting and this was going to be the one that I missed!

PM me, Old Man and we will proceed with the adventure!:hump:

Can't see lower part of my computer screen so don't know if pms went out, so if i do not hear from the two of you by tonight i will send E-mails.

I also have doe deer tag for hunt area 41 and doe lope for area 109. if i can't fill the freezer with elk.

Thanks to everyone. It is going to work out for at least two of us. Scouting starts next week! It will be a new adventure for one or two old guys and a young motivator!!

Good luck on your hunt! I've met some great guys and had some incredible hunts that began with Hunttalk. Share some pics when you get back.

Good luck to you sir. On my last Wyoming hunt we noticed an older gentleman from Arkansas that was hunting by himself. Invited him to dinner and drinks each night at our camp and really enjoyed his company and old school Navy stories.

Thank you all for you kind comments, i am sure we will have a good time and hopefully good luck. pics and stories will follow.

Going to keep you in expense for now, nothing but bad luck for me and Jason so far. But hopefully luck will change for the three of us the week after thanks giving.

Isn't that the truth! But with all the bad luck we've had this season it's starting to look up, I've been checking on the weather daily and it's looking to be in our favor. The snow is starting to fall on the peaks and the elk are now starting to make their way down. My ankle is healed, my boys leg is healing and lets hope we've caused enough damage to both our trucks this year! I believe a cold beer is waiting for us at the end of season.

Good luck to you guys, its good too hear that there are guys at your age and still going strong. I got a brown bear in Kodiak Ak. 10ft.4in. a moose in Canada, an elk in New Mexico and an antelope in Wyoming all this year. BTW I am 75, I had outfitters for all except the elk, got him at 503yds. I will be watching for your story.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back