Caribou Gear

Another Aussie

Moose2367

Hey guys, just joined to learn a bit about elk hunting, a dream for me to one day come over and do a diy bowhunt.

I bowhunt exclusively down here for pigs, deer, wild dogs all either at home on the small cattle station i live/work on or close by. Sheet a few pigs and dogs for work with a rifle too.

Cheers

Welcome Moose2367, I hope your dream is realized. Feel free to share any of you hunts with us here. We are always pleased to see our brother hunters around the world adventures.

G'day moose2367 and welcome. You've picked a great forum to learn about diy elk hunting. I've learnt heaps from these guys and had a successful diy bow elk trip last year. Get in touch if you want any help from a kiwi who has done a bit of research.

Last edited:
What part of the country are you from mate,what deer do you mainly chase?

Pretty friendly bunch here so I'm sure you'll get some help.

Thanks guys.

I'm from Queensland, about an hour from Bundaberg. Chase red deer a few hours away and have just found, after 4 years of being here, some rusa 75klm away. Had 3 trips after them, shot a deer each trip, although i lost the last one. Which happened to be the biggest stag on the place, about 34-36 inch.

I have done some guiding on buff and pigs during the 14 years i lived in the NT.

Thanks guys.

I'm from Queensland, about an hour from Bundaberg. Chase red deer a few hours away and have just found, after 4 years of being here, some rusa 75klm away. Had 3 trips after them, shot a deer each trip, although i lost the last one. Which happened to be the biggest stag on the place, about 34-36 inch.

I have done some guiding on buff and pigs during the 14 years i lived in the NT.

Top stuff, beautiful spot up in QLD, went there once chasing chital and loved it.
Envious of those rusa, last on the list for me in Australia. Pity about that big boy, sounds like a thumper.

I think like most of us down south buff is a big dream, who did you guide for in the Territory?

Did a bit for west & cape, blackstump broadheads.

I've traveled around a bit too, get bored easily. Shot camels out west, magpie geese in the NT, scrub bulls, goats.
Deer are new, starting to get the hang of it though

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back