AZ Doves - Trip down memory lane

Many mornings I spent chasing ruffed grouse here in Ohio in my youth and college years so I can relate. I have never dove hunted, although a bunch of them show up ever year at my deer feeders to get at the corn. I'm looking forward to the episode.

That is MY kinda place too!
When I was a kid I used to reload all summer with my dad and fill up a powder keg with shotgun shells for the season. If I could burn through however many shells fit in that keg it was a good season. My left arm must've been pretty strong from pumping that 870 so many times. Has to be one of the best ways to hone your shotgunning skills and is so fun.

Good luck to all. Jealous that I can't get out this week.

Dove hunting is a blast. My wife and I are camping with some friends this weekend so my plan is to take a half day off Friday so I can load the truck up and still have some time in there for shooting at doves.

I like it, more than likely I will be feasting on a double giant burger at Toots!
I put any form of healthy eating restraints on the shelf for the day.
toots.jpg
tomdove.jpg

I lived in Yuma, Arizona for over 10 years. I have never seen such a clusterf+++ in my life, as the opening few days of dove season. I have never seen such a pile of city slickers in one place, nor the wanton waste of so much game meat. I think half of California was around there.

The only good thing was that I went in afterward and picked up hundreds of AA hulls to reload. :hump:

hey randy,
how many days are you staying keep us informed on how the hunting progresses after the birds start to get wise and ware are you headed for your next hunt.
Good to see your having fun :)I miss those days with my dad. He says hes to old to go out now:(
Thanks Robert

Back