Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Homemade Digidapter

Schaaf

I recently purchased a Sony RX100 II to keep in the pack this season and for digiscoping purposes. In trying to find a setup for the camera I found the Digidapter but was never able to bring myself to buy the adapter for $290. I had seen other places where people had made their own and thought I'd post some pictures of what I was able to come up with.

Ended up bringing the Spotting scope and camera to a plumbing store in town and after some funny looks I walked out with a couple different collars I thought may work. A 2" collar seemed to be the best fit and after taking the Dremel to the inside of the female end threads it fit over the eyepiece snug. The Sony RX100 lens fit nicely into the other end of the collar but needed something to kee the camera centered. Today I threw on some strips of very thin weather stripping, so far it does a good job of keeping the camera centered on the lens and also holding it firmly in place. With this camera being so small and lightweight I think a person might want to find a way to help support a larger camera.

I'll try to post some pictures of the results I get in the coming months but so far I couldn't be happier spending $30 and not almost $300.

Back