Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The 2nd guy from Pennsylvania....

std7mag

Hi gang,
Male, going on 50, living in Central PA.
Getting married for the 2nd time on Friday.
Dad to an 18yr old girl, that wants to archery hunt with me this year. :cool:
Avid reloader/shooter, archery.

I almost exclusively hunt public land. Past several years in the Moshanon State Forest. Thus far in PA, I have been 0 for 6. Same for elk tag. (PA does a lottery draw).
But I keep trying...

This year when I'm alone, I have a bicycle, and cart to get me miles down the gas lines, where hopefully no one else is..

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Where are you close to. I'm from central pa as well.

Living in Altoona..
Getting married on Friday, going to be in Nova Scotia for my honeymoon for 10 days.
Saturdays usually finds me either checking my game cameras, or at the Bellwood range. If checking the cameras, I'm usually at the range on Sunday morning.
My shooting has been getting lax, with the heat this summer. Only put about 800 rounds down range with the 7mm-08AI. Hopefully next year I'll have membership at Reade Range. Along with a new barrel, and stock.

Living in Altoona..
Getting married on Friday, going to be in Nova Scotia for my honeymoon for 10 days.
Saturdays usually finds me either checking my game cameras, or at the Bellwood range. If checking the cameras, I'm usually at the range on Sunday morning.
My shooting has been getting lax, with the heat this summer. Only put about 800 rounds down range with the 7mm-08AI. Hopefully next year I'll have membership at Reade Range. Along with a new barrel, and stock.

Welcome neighbor! Past neighbor, I grew up in Hollidaysburg and transplanted to OH and now moving out west in a year lol

You hunt Moshanon? Man that's a ways off from altoona isn't it? Ever look into locke mtn or canoe creek? Or the beaver dams, but you gotta hike way back in to get away from people there.

Yeah, I've checked into them, along with the area around Prince Galitzen lake.
It's 62 miles from my house to Moshanon. Then there are literally hundreds of miles of gravel/dirt roads off of the main road.
During archery season, the closest vehicle may be 6 miles away from me.
I saw the largest deer (white tail) I've ever seen while hunting last year. Stupid me had my bow hanging on the tree. I reached for it, fumbled, and dropped it. Bounced off of the tree stand, tree, tree, tree, ground. I almost dove off after it. lol

Oh, and I have pics of elk up there, that would make even Randy drool....

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back