San Antonio

JV842

Just saying hi n good luck this year! I'm from San Antonio, firefighter, marine, husband, father, and grandfather. Been hunting all my life; Texas, Arizona, and Colorado. Leaving for my first trip to Montana on September 3rd!!! Can't wait!!!

Good luck. I'm from Montana but now living in San Antonio. Enjoy MT!

Lived in San Antonio for 3 years. Loved the zoo, botanical gardens. I loved cabrito in a hole in the wall restaurant . weekly. Bill Miller barbeque, every Sunday. La Fogata for breakfast burrito. 5 star. and 200 choices.

The jazz at the Hilton on the riverwalk was great.

The Irish pub on the riverwalk was outstanding. I miss San Antonio. Lived there in the 90's and still go back every few years. Fun times!

Born and raised in San Antonio, absolutely love Montana. Yeah, San Antonio has Montana beat on restaurants, but that's about it. ;)

Bobby, we appear to have been posting at the same time with the same thing on our minds - awesome food.

Have a funny story about Bill Miller BBQ. With my kids growing up there and in Austin, seeing the animal logos of the chicken, pig and cow, you know, what's on the menu, my youngest daughter made that association in her head. So one Sunday we head into a Chinese restaurant where they had the Chinese zodiac placemats. As uninhibited children are prone to doing, she horrifiedly yelled, "We have to get out of here, they eat snakes, rats and dogs!" It was awkward.

Last edited:
Thnx for the replies!!! Being a true Texan; my bbq beats the hell out of uncle bills!, had an army flight medic riding out w/ me on the box (ambulance) for a while, ended up becoming great friends, he's from Montana so headed up w/ him. If any of y'all in the area; San Antonio, send me a message, got friends n family all around here w/ quite abit of land, lots of pigs!!!

Good to see another Texan on board. I've had quite a bit of fun in SA.

Being a true Texan; my bbq beats the hell out of uncle bills!,

So did mine, and still does, but when you are running errands with 4 hungry kids!!!, it was a good quick stop, especially with some cold sweet tea for a caffeine recharge (the big ones).

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back