Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

TC Strike 50 cal. MZ review part 1

GlockZ

So I purchased a TC strike in all black. The reason being is that I felt it balanced well, liked that it was striker fired, and was relatively short and compact. I called TCArms(S&W), to see what they recommended for a load, it was recommended that I use Blackhorn 209 powder and the TC shockwave/ mag sabots. I haven't had a chance yet to get Blackhorn 209, but I have so far tested with Pyrodex, 777, & IMR's white hots, (all 3 powders in pellet form). At the range all 3 powders gave decent groups out to 100 yds. Using a 100gr charge, (2 pellets), my groups ranged from 1.5 to 2.25 inches, using a 250 grain sabot. At 150 yds the groups opened a bit ranging from 2.5 to 4 inches. I also tested all three powders at the max 150gr load(3 pellets). At 100yds the groups shrank to an average of 1.25 inches, at 150yds the average group was about 1.65 inches. That is all I was able to do so far, will test further and update everyone when I get a chance. The scope I mounted on the mz is a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40, and every shot was on a clean barrel,( which is really time consuming), also since I had plenty of them, all shooting was done using Hornady's SST 250gr, saboted slugs. Hopefully I can get my hands on the 209 powder and build up some stock TC' shockwaves.

just an update, i still have not come across any Blackhorn 209 to date.i am preparing to chronograph my loads to see what kind velocity I'm getting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back