Light coffee maker for the backcountry

If you have a jet boil they make a French press to go in with it. Just grind your beans coarse.

I have been using Via but don't really think they are that good (plus as Hank says expensive per cup). I dug out my Snow Peak Ti french press for the last few weekends and plan on packing that in this year.

Via boxes are cheap at Costco, which is fine if you can go there (I can't).

I still love the Vias though, with tons of dehydrated milk added. Going to pick some up this week for the archery opener.

On occasion, I have also added a via packet to stiffen up thin hotel coffee. It gives weak brewed coffee better flavor and reduces costs by not having to use one via per cup.

I Bring a French press for my jet boil, it works great.

Remember its all in the grind, can't be too fine, and it can't be too course.

Damn is right, but when the Sandman is trying to close your eyes involuntarily, and seconds seem like hours, you will literally do anything to stay awake at your post.

Including dip on one side, and instant coffee on the other.......

But to make this relevant, I am a fan of the Via packs also - and there are several different blends now.

You could always do what we did in Iraq and pack instant coffee from MRE's in your lip like a chew :cool:

Beat me to it. I've always had a habit of stockpiling the instant coffee packets and keeping them in a pocket within close reach.

You can use the dip method or just toss it down the hatch and wash it down with some water.

I'm not a fan of the company, but after so many positive comments on them I am trying Starbucks Via instant packets for the first time this year.

I'm very surprised at how many support a company that goes out of their way to show its support of anti hunting. Maybe it doesn't mean a whole lot if they don't get my $3.50 for a cup of Joe, but if all sportsmen/women made a stand and stopped throwing money at these lefties we could get somewhere.

Now onto the question at hand. I've been using the coffee packs available in tea bags with good success. It's definitely not the best brew but it's fast and works. These little bags with a string attached are also available so you can grind up your own beans and take along your favorite brew. This is the route I'm going this year. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back