PEAX Equipment

What will you be shooting ?

Remmington 700 7mm Rem-Mag. I used it for the past 15 years for both antelope and deer. Initially I used Reminmgton Core-Lokt 155 gr factory loads. They worked fine but I eventually went to hand loads using the Nosler ballistic tips 140 gr. Top it with a Leupold scope and give me a steady rest and it's good out to 400+.

Remington 700 30-06 with Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 Mildot scope pushing Hornady 125gr Custom Lite. Set up for my daughter's lope hunt in Sept so I might as well use it for mine this weekend.

Nothing fancy, just a Mossberg 100 ATR with a Boyd's Laminate stock and a Timney trigger, .30/06, topped with a Bushnell 3-9x50 Legend Ultra. It does the trick.

I'm not hunting antelope this year, just Columbia Blacktail, Coues Whitetail, Eastern Whitetail, Black Bear, and maybe some hogs.

Last edited:
7mm Wby in a Weatherby Accumark with 6-24 vortex pst, and new 162 gr Hornady Eld-x bullets. Leave in 21 days with a pocketful of tags, can't wait! Good luck to everyone on there trip!

C

I'm a one rifle in my closet kinda guy so my .264 win mag loaded with 140 grain Swift A-frames is going out for everything from pronghorn to elk this year.

I don't get to hunt antelope. I'm just gonna sit here online and look at pictures.

Not hunting antelope this year but the four I have shot have all been with my ruger m77 in 25-05 using 120 grain fusions. It does the job very nicely.

For Wyoming I will have my Tikka T3 superlite 7mm rem mag with a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42. Slingin' 140g Barnes TSX. Back here in Louisiana it will be my T/C Encore 35 whelen w/ a Vortex Viper HS 4-16×50. Slingin' 180g Barnes TSX. Good luck everybody!

For Wyoming I will have my Tikka T3 superlite 7mm rem mag with a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42. Slingin' 140g Barnes TSX. Back here in Louisiana it will be my T/C Encore 35 whelen w/ a Vortex Viper HS 4-16×50. Slingin' 180g Barnes TSX. Good luck everybody!

Have you tried the 225 grain TSX in your whelen? I'm having decent luck with them and RL 15.

Browning A bolt .300 win mag.... I don't have anything smaller with a scope so let's hope I don't hit too much meat!

Don't matter the cartridge, if you hit where the meat is you'll lose some. Me, .300 RUM and handloaded 200 grain Accubonds at 3200 fps. In a 700 of course. mtmuley

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back