Yeti GOBOX Collection

What will you be shooting ?

Browning Xbolt in 7mm-HT. Daughter will have a .243. Both topped with Leupold VX3s. We will be pushing Barnes TSXs.

Current plan is to use the same M700 .300 WM I've used for everything since I moved to CO 8 years ago. It loves the Hornady Superformance GMX 165. However, I inherited a barely used (maybe 2 boxes of ammo at most?) M700 in 7 RUM from a cousin that passed away last year and I'm contemplating using that instead. He bought it in 2002 but had a tragic accident soon after that kept him from ever getting to use it out West like he had intended. Sadly Remington barely supports this round anymore, but I'm thinking I'll get some of the HSM Berger 168s for it. Should be a long range laser for deer and antelope. Long-term i would really like to build this into a dedicated LR/open terrain hunting gun, would be a fun way to keep his memory alive.

.50 cal CVA optima with open sights. You guys make it toooooooo easy lol. Hopefully get to test out my 6.5 grendel on a leftover December tag

As usual, I'll give it a go with my Matthews Creed and most likely rifle hunt as I'm now on year 4 of swinging and missing with archery. If I strike out with archery, I'll be using either a Savage 30-06 topped with a Vortex or Savage .260 with a Leupold on top.

I'm on the fence between my Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308, or my DS ARMS FAL in .308.

Either way, .308.

Archery OTC in CO in August with my Hoyt Turbo, then WY in Oct with my Ruger American Predator in .308 topped with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 shooting 165gr Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds.

Last edited:
I'm a 6.5 mm .264 man myself. Have never used anything else. I'm a lefty as well. Pretty much use customized Remington 700s in 6.5-06 or the 6.5-06 Ackley Improved with Hornady 129 grain spitzers. Most critters never know what hit them.

6.5-06 Ackley Improved

QyCXweI.jpg

KrgxqUW.jpg

6.5-06

Y4Dg7fd.jpg

csRCSZr.jpg

I also have a .25/.284 and a .25-06 one of which I will use to fill my doe tag.

.25/284

IJNrChn.jpg

NL5Eqiy.jpg

.25-06

oRLyBOX.jpg

nVCIMS3.jpg

Got a new 6.5-06 on the way that's going to look a lot like this. Hope to fill my buck tag with it.

5JEMHZb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back