blocking threads

I have strong political views. I think posting those views on a hunting site is wrong. I find myself thinking very positive on hunting values posted by many posters. Then, they give their political views and my opinion goes into the toilet.

You can choose not to view them. If posted, I read it.

I like a pro hunting forum political site, but it regresses into shit.

I would support a ban or a supreme moderation on politics on this site!

My opinion and I know I am a minority voice.

Let me get this straight- some of you don't like reading political threads, yet you click on them whenever you see one and then you proceed to read it? And then complain because other Hunt Talk members are having a political discussion? Really? Wow!

Let me get this straight- some of you don't like reading political threads, yet you click on them whenever you see one and then you proceed to read it? And then complain because other Hunt Talk members are having a political discussion? Really? Wow!

I DO NOT click on them and I DO NOT read them. When a member looks at new posts for the day they should be able to see discussions on the outdoors not politics. Now this is another thread that I will not read anymore.

The trump boogeyman thread....Replies: 306 Views: 6,106

I guess I don't understand the political discussion thread 'title' phobia.

Like it or not, hunting is affected by politics. If you choose to ignore politics in real life, you can also do that on the Internet. Don't read the threads you're not interested in and don't waste your time posting a complaint about those people who do like to post political opinions and learn about other people's political opinions.

Like it or not, hunting is affected by politics. If you choose to ignore politics in real life, you can also do that on the Internet. Don't read the threads you're not interested in and don't waste your time posting a complaint about those people who do like to post political opinions and learn about other people's political opinions.

Probably the only time I'll say this, but I agree with Washington Hunter. You can't have, improve, or protect hunting without politics. Political conversations are uncomfortable, adversarial, and tap into our tribalism like nothing else. This is amplified when these discussions are had in text format, without facial expressions, tone, or any other number of things that acknowledge nuance. Always, but especially now, we are all oversaturated with politics. It can create a dark mood and engaging in political conversations without inviting that mood in is a balancing act. Avoiding those conversations/threads is part of the balance IMO.

This weekend I turned my phone off, slept in a tent, drank dark whiskey and listened to an endless string of politically incorrect dirty jokes. I am renewed.

Last edited:
This weekend I turned my phone off, slept in a tent, drank dark whiskey and listened to an endless string of politically incorrect dirty jokes. I am renewed.

So, is it safe to assume you will be starting the soon to be locked, "Endless String of Politically Incorrect Dirty Jokes" thread?

I'll check back.

Wow thanks for the constructive comment. I don't choose to ignore politics, I'm choosing to ignore threads that are the same conversation over and over. The only time I read that thread was when Randy commented to keep it on track...funny how politics distracts from the real issues and turns into mudslinging.

Wow thanks for the constructive comment. I don't choose to ignore politics, I'm choosing to ignore threads that are the same conversation over and over. The only time I read that thread was when Randy commented to keep it on track...funny how politics distracts from the real issues and turns into mudslinging.

What sort of constructive comments were you hoping for? Only the ones that agreed with yours? Was your question about blocking threads really serious? Most people simply don't click on threads they don't wish to see. There's no need to block individual threads that you aren't interested in. This reminds me of the college students who made a big stink because someone wrote "Trump" in chalk on a sidewalk on the university campus. LOL

I want to know if there's a way to block threads where people argue about whether or not it's okay to argue about politics on Hunt talk.

This is and has been this way for as long as I have been around. Every 4 years we go into a Political Rut and bang heads, nothing gets settled on a Website. After the Rut we all group back up and talk civil. John

There was good conversation about the issues, but inevitably the threads devolve into a couple of people making the same argument over and over and over again. Yeah, you can ignore them, just like you can ignore those fresh baked brownies your daughter keeps setting on the counter, but some of us succumb to the temptation. I get insight into people's viewpoints. We keep it pretty civil compared to the media...

I never thought I'd have to ask this but Is there any way to block threads?

The political yammering is getting very old. Some serious dead horse abuse going on.
Imagine if you didn't live in MT and the MT legislature was in session... ;) :D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back