1. Default Other public land hunting shows.

Randy's shows are obviously the best out there. It's the perfect mix of realism, production, and message. But I was wondering if there were any other youtube shows on public land that were any good. I've watched solo hunter, stuck n the rut (lots of long distance shooting), and switchback. I'd like to watch meateater but I haven't found it on youtube except for short clips.

Anyways, not trying to promote the competition, just wondering what else was out there. Thanks!

Meateater is on VHX and I don't think it is free, but it's a great show.

I like the Western Hunter. The newer episodes seem to have a more conscious approach to promoting public lands.
    "I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

I have lots of options on the satellite. I like Western Hunter, Meat Eater, Solo Hunter, Eastman's Hunting TV is not too bad, Sasquatch and Into High Country.
    You did not "seen" anything. You "saw" it.
    Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
    New member of BHA.

I also like Into High Country but with how Jason talks on the show, he nearly puts me to sleep
    "I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

6. Default

Thanks I will look into those.

"I also like Into High Country but with how Jason talks on the show, he nearly puts me to sleep"

I took it off the DVR list this year. I like the show but the commentary is depressing.

Nate Simmons of Western hunter is definitely worth watching.
    “LET ME TELL YOU WHY PEOPLE LIVE IN IDAHO…THEY LIVE IN IDAHO BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR PUBLIC LANDS. THEY LIKE ACCESS TO THEM FOR RECREATION, FOR HUNTING AND FISHING, OR ALL THE ACTIVITIES THEY DO ON PUBLIC LANDS.”
    -U.S. Representative Mike Simpson

I also like western hunter, IMHO it is second to Randy and one of the 5 shows I dvr.
    I work so I can hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Schaaf View Post
    I also like Into High Country but with how Jason talks on the show, he nearly puts me to sleep
    So I am not the only one. Seems like a great guy, but it is the only outdoor show I watch that puts me to sleep.
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

In terms of free stuff on youtube. I find sikta makes some great short films, same with Yeti. Besides the others already mentioned, I also follow Born and Raised Outdoors, Into the Wilderness, Clay Hayes, Montana Wild, Elk101, and used to watch some select Hushin (but their stance on the Bears Ear Monument, and the general Bro-ish attitude caused me to unsubscribe). Robby Denning also puts out some fun short video series he calls live hunts which are enjoyable.

I don't know if SoloHunter is solely on public land, but the other day I watched episode 78 on DVR. The last 5 minutes were dedicated to the importance of public lands and talked about the stupidity of the land transfer. I've always enjoyed the show, but I'm a bigger fan now.
    "To all those who work come moments of beauty unseen by the rest of the world." - Norman Maclean

Randy's videos and Solo Hunter are the best out there. Yes, Solo Hunter is public land hunting

14. Default

I like solo hunter but it seems overproduced at times with the dramatic "BWAAAS". I guess everyone is a critic!

Just found Into High Country a few weeks ago. Really like his show.

I'll also throw out there that there's three or four free episodes on Meateater.vhx, three "specials" that I don't think aired on TV and one coues deer hunt from AZ season 9 (?).

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHunter View Post
    So I am not the only one. Seems like a great guy, but it is the only outdoor show I watch that puts me to sleep.
    My wife says it sounds like he's learning to read out loud.

another public land show to check out is extreme desire on 393 on dish,,don't know is its on you tube.

I just watched a Colorado show of "Pure Hunting", which was very good. Unsuccessful on public land, due to the fact that they had just had a big marijuana grow taken down in the area.
    You did not "seen" anything. You "saw" it.
    Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
    New member of BHA.

You can only get it on DVD but https://whitetailadrenaline.com/ does an awesome job. As the name would suggest its mostly whitetail but its well worth it. They have a few short videos on youtube that are more teasers for the videos they sell. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMG...cnByzvp2ATXEPg

Quote Originally Posted by beginnerhunter View Post
    I like solo hunter but it seems overproduced at times with the dramatic "BWAAAS". I guess everyone is a critic!
    Oh my goodness, I was just about to post the same thing. I really like Remi Warren because he's a little bit crazy ( Tim - you're just fine, too ) but the "You could DIE" is a little much sometimes. Other than that and the over-the-top soundtrack, its a good show. The hunting part is great, the filming is mind boggling and its real - they don't always tag out.

Remi stalking cattle with a coyote hide over him and racing a wolf hybred up a mountain road were epic for sure but my favorite are his realistic special ops hunts.

Name:  special op.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  29.4 KB

23. Default

Quote Originally Posted by neffa3 View Post
    In terms of free stuff on youtube. I find sikta makes some great short films, same with Yeti. Besides the others already mentioned, I also follow Born and Raised Outdoors, Into the Wilderness, Clay Hayes, Montana Wild, Elk101, and used to watch some select Hushin (but their stance on the Bears Ear Monument, and the general Bro-ish attitude caused me to unsubscribe). Robby Denning also puts out some fun short video series he calls live hunts which are enjoyable.
    Neffa what was their stance on it and where did you find it I may have missed it but I didn't think hushin openly said their stance on it.