Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anyone using SKRE Gear?

I just received my set of SKRE Gear clothing and I have to say, I am impressed. I have a feeling it is going to give the big names a run for their money. I love the pattern, the material and the fit (although the sizes do run on the small side, so order up). I have not tried it in the field yet, but first impressions give me a positive outlook.

Has anyone else tried it out yet?

Last edited:
Yep. Got the hardscrabble jacket and think it is great!

It is louder then I would like but appears very weather proof - a trade off. You cant have both as I found using a rivers west coat the last 10 years. If it is water resistant AND quite you get heavy and wont dry so I feel the skre jacket is a perfect blend.

It has been great fighting off the morning chills thus far and will be in my pack year round.

+1 on order a size up. I went XL to layer underneath and glad I did. Very athletic cut.

This stuff is very comparable to the sitka timberline pants I'm running.

Spent some time on the phone with Mike and he seems eager to please the hunting community and was very interested in my thoughts.

I think these guys have the right plan. Looking forward to what this company brings to the table.

Spent 3 days in a steady downpour this weekend for MTs opener. Got steady rain and a bit of snow.

This stuff is called water resistant, not waterproof. I dont know why. Hardscrabble jacket is very waterproof - did not leak at all. I was soaked everywhere except my torso covered by the skre jacket. I've worn plastic rain suits that have leaked more.

It dries faster then the more expensive stuff too. It is very warm but with all of the front pockets and huge pit zips it allows excellent ventilation that is easily controlled by closing a few zippers.

I was surprised and amazed.

This stuff is the real deal. Considering the price this is my favorite outter wear for rifle season.
Just wanted to let people know if they are considering it.

Redirecting this old thread. I am looking to upgrade my hunting clothing this year. Mostly hunt tree stands in the Midwest with the occasional trip west. This brand is coming up repeatedly in my research. Any Midwest stand hunters use this stuff? I’d love to hear from you.

Buddy had several pieces of it, used it a whole season. We huntnharf and long and the stuff did not last. My Sitka stuff still looks newish. He sold it all in one bunch, took a loss and bought Sitka.

Thanks for the feedback. I know you get what you pay for but Sitka is out of my price range. I don’t need the super elite mountain stuff, just a setup that helps me stay warm when bow hunting in November December. Right now I have cheap cotton stuff and looking to upgrade

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back