Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NOSLER wants to see your success

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to the folks at Nosler the other day and the topic came up about how many in our audience use Nosler products, whether bullets, fully loaded ammo, or in their reloading. I had a suggestion that we could post a thread that would run until the end of the year. We would ask folks to post their success with Nosler products, either this year or in past years. They agreed. And they offered to put together a $500 package of goods to give away to someone who posts on this thread between now and the end of the year.

So there you have it. Post up a pic of Nosler products being used or the result of Nosler products being used, and you're in the game.

noslerup-front-logo.png

I would ask that when you post a pic, you provide some information that explains to the Hunt Talk crew what you used, how you used it, and a bit about the picture that might help people understand the conditions and circumstances under which the shot occurred.

Thanks to Nosler for their great support - http://www.nosler.com/

image.jpgimage.jpg

Jessica's 2015 moose, taken @ roughly 80 yards. 7-08, Nosler brass and 150 gr partition backed with 40 grs of imr 4895 bullet exited and it went down less than 10 yards from where it was standing. Late September southwest MT.

Last edited:
2016- Prince of Wales Island, Alaska.

7mm-08 140 grain Accubond Nosler Custom Ammo at ~ 75 yards. Heart shot.

20160530_131831.jpg

Last edited:
2015- Roadless area of Montana.

7mm-08 140 grain Accubond Nosler Custom ammuntion. Shot was ~50 yards.

2015-10-12%2011.08.19_zpshx9b3jvc.jpg

2015- Noatak National Preserve, Alaska.

7mm-08 140 grain Accubond Nosler Custom Ammunition. ~200 yards.

Day one of an eight day hunt, in the best weather you could ever hope for.

P1010223_zpskjcr2pdo.jpg

2014- Thanksgiving morning, Western MT.

160 grain Accubond handloaded in 7rm. ~250 yard shot.

End of a long, frustrating elk season. Was able to take this guy on the last morning I could hunt. One of my fondest hunts.

439_zpsd16c10a7.jpg

2014- Roadless area of Montana.

160 Grain Accubond handloaded for 7rm. Shot was ~200 yards.

305_zpsc01ec35e.jpg

My fondest moment using Nosler happened in the early 80's hunting whitetail deer in the great UP (Michigan) with my dad. Sorry no pics but I can still picture it like it was yesterday. Dad handloaded for our 7x57 with Partitions using the classic Lee Loader (rubber mallet). Nice buck steps out from the thickets and dad nails it and the deer disappears. Thinking he missed we went over to look and damned if the deer was dropped in its tracks - one perfect shot with a bullet that made me a lifetime fan of Nosler bullets.

2014- Southern Wyoming

160 grain Accubond loaded for 7rm. Shot was maybe 50 yards.

Last day of one of the most memorable weeks I've ever spent afield.

P1060724_zps5f2f7f60.jpg

NM '15 mule deer,120 yrds,-06 Nosler Trophy 165 AB120.jpg
NM '14 elk cow ,405 yrds same setup .Was my 3rd elk with this set up and farthest shot on game I have taken.Also largest cow.home&hunts 035.JPG
Have a pic on old phone of it hanging I'll try & recover.This cow was 9' long hanging.

Last edited:
First animal with a .280 Ackley Improved I had built on a Model 70 action. One shot with a 140 gr. Partition at 450 yards. She went about 30 feet!

Nice mule deer from a few years back with a 280 Remington and 140 gr. Partitions.

6mm Remington using 100 gr. Partitions. My father and I belly crawled to within about 75 yards of a nice herd of antelope. I got this guy with one shot. My father then filled his two doe tags and I tagged a doe as well. If I remember correctly my father was using his 7mm Remington with 160 gr. Partitions.

236 yard shot with my 25-223 wildcat using 110gr Accubond. Loaded in necked up 223 Nosler brass with Wolf small rifle magnum primers, and a 26gr charge of H335. Load chronos at 2700fps flat. I shot him through the front shoulders and he folded up, the bullet exited and wasn't recovered. The day before I took this buck I filled a doe tag with the same rifle and load at just under 180 yards, I shot her through the chest taking exit hole was the size of a silver dollar, she ran maybe 30 yards and was down for the count. I had a different rifle in mind for my buck tag but after seeing the results on the doe I brought the 25-223 along instead.

Last edited:
Whitetail doe taken using a 6mm Remington and 100 gr. Partition. My son's first hunt at 1 1/2 years old!

Son Jeffrey with is second elk using a 300 WSM and 180 gr. Accubonds. One shot!

My son Jeffrey about 4 years ago with his very first elk. One shot at 350 yards and she went about 20 yards and went down. 6mm Remington shooting 90 gr. E-tips!!

Andy a friend of my son's with his first big-game animal, a nice cow elk. One shot at 250 yards using my 25-06 and 120 gr. Nosler Partition.

My son Jeff at 12 years of age with his first big-game animal. A doe antelope with one shot using a Remington Model 600 Centennial in 6mm Remington and 100 gr. Partitions. One shot.

Jeff and his second antelope using the Remington Model 600 in 6mm with 100 gr. Partitions.

Forever hungry! Remington 6mm Remington loaded with 100 gr. Partitions.

Antelope I got at about 450 yards using my Ruger #1B in 6mm Remington and 100 gr. Partitions.

Black bear taken using my Ruger 1B in 30-06 and 165 gr. Partitions.

Nice fat mule deer buck taken using a Ruger 1B in 30-06 and a 165 gr. Accubond. One shot at about 200 yards.

Had to share this beautiful ram from Rock Creek many years ago. A friend took this ram with 100 gr. Partitions I had loaded up for his Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington. One shot at about 175 yards. The ram was 40 1/2" on the long side and about 39 1/2" on the short side. I got to help pack!!

My father's last elk before he passed away a couple years ago. Taken with his Winchester Model 70 using handloaded 160 gr. Partitions. All our loads are carefully worked up loads we make ourselves. I really feel it just adds to the experience.

My largest bull using my .280 Remington and 140 gr. Partitions. Two shots at about 250 yards.

Back