Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hello from Montana, formerly Utah.

MtNomad

Hello there,

My name is Bear Taylor, recently moved to Boulder, Mt last fall from Pleasant Grove, ut.

I have been a hunter my whole life. Hunting growing up was about family more than anything. We all hunted mule deer together in southern utah, never about trophies or even meat, just about being together. I started hunting big game about the time Utah went to a draw system, let's say my luck in drawing tags is less than stellar. I have only harvested 1 deer in 7 tries. We were n9t hunting an area with a good deer population. It was just were my family had hunted for 100 years. Frustration kicked in and I quit applying for permits for a few years. I also harvested a spike elk and a buck pronghorn within a 5 mile radius of where I shot my first muley.

In october we moved the family to my wife's home town of Boulder for a fresh start and to get away from the cowds. Once we got here, my passion for hunting was renewed, especially my interest in elk hunting.

I recently found out about this forum through Randy's TV show, and have been catching up on the podcast. I'm excited to be a part of this forum as I have seen an abundance of useful information and a willingness of members to share that information.

Looking forward to many adventures.

Bear

Welcome Bear.

I grew up in Clancy and went to high school in Boulder. You live in a good chunk of Montana. If I could convince my wife that the commute to Helena was worth it, I'd move to Boulder in a heartbeat. I'm a little bit north of you in Jefferson City. I look forward to hearing how your change of scene and fresh start treat you this fall. Good luck!

The commutes not bad. I work in Helena for MDT.

We love it in Boulder. Just need to get out and learn the area better.

Hi There all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I moved our family to Butte Montana from southwest Washington in April. I have been a hunter for 23 years with 20 of those years as an archery hunter in Washington. I introduced my wife to hunting the year before we got married and now she is an avid hunter also. Both of my kids are growing up in the hunting, fishing and outdoor world, ad my 10 year old is going to start his hunting life this year with the mentor deer hunt in Montana. (He is so excited that is all he talks about.) I have been a fan of all of Randy's shows and digital media pretty much from the beginning and decidied to join this wonderful group of people after keeping up as a lurker for quit some time.
Anyway, good luck to all and shoot straight this year!!!!

Welcome! Did you make the cutoff for resident tags for rifle (6 months I believe)?

We've been here for almost 10 months by the season opener this week. I bought a sportsman's without bear for this year. I'm calling this my "learning year"

I moved to Montana from Utah over 21 years ago. Best decision I ever made next to choosing my wife. You will love it in Boulder.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back