Howdy from Kentucky

Jerd

Hey everybody, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a whitetail and turkey bow hunter from Kentucky. I guess the best way to explain how I got here would be to say that I was led here when I got my draw results back for our Kentucky elk season. I put in for bull with a bow, bull with a rifle, cow with a bow, and cow with a rifle. I didn't draw a single tag and really wasn't too down about it until I checked our fish and wildlife website and saw what the draw odds are for our herd of 10,000 elk. The odds for this season for drawing a bull rifle tag were 1:136, and 1:93 for a bull bow tag. The odds for a cow tag with a bow were 1:22! After reading this, the realization sat in that if I ever want to hunt elk I'm gonna have to go west and give public land a try. I'm 28 right now so I'm thinking I'm still young enough to get in and start building some points toward some good hunts. I've listened to all of Randy's podcasts up to this point and what a wealth of knowledge that has been. I've purchased OnX maps and have started looking at harvest results for different units in NW Colorado. I've already started trying to figure out where I'm going to go for my first hunt and have convinced two of my buddies to go along with me. I look forward to talking with y'all and learning as much as I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back