PEAX Equipment

A Good Start to the Fall

Bowhunter60

I had an opportunity to archery hunt pig this past week, and was fortunate enough to take a nice Russian sow. She was a bit bigger than I would normally take, as I prefer a good 100-150 meat hog. However, this one presented with a heavy limp in her front leg and I elected for a management kill. Anyway, the sow weighed 300lbs on the hoof.

The shot was at 20 feet using Rage 2-blade extremes. The Rage 2 blade on hogs is really not my first choice for reasons I'm sure many of your are aware. But, I wanted to give it a try, and, to my delight the hog went 10 yards and dropped after being hit. The shot was a quartering away shot, and passed through the lungs and clipped the heard. The broadhead imbedding itself in the opposite shoulder.

My wife and I had tenderloins that night that were fantastic. Now, c'mon Mulies this fall.
IMG_1264.jpg

Yes! Welcome to California. Dry is an understatement. You happen to be in an area where the foliage remains green for months. We're looking at green maybe 2-3 months of the year. But, if you're willing to work at it, the game is here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back