MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Custer State Park SD Bison Hunt

Very nice!! You did well and will be amazed how the tablefare. 'Tis good enough that my wife is trying to talk me into starting to put in again...

Congratulations. I’d love to hunt bison one day. You’re fortunate! Way to go

Did I miss my chance to buy points this year? I thought I always bought them in jan or February. I can't find anyway to do it on the SD website

Got an email from SD. They said july to buy the point this year. Don't know if I will ever do the hunt but I already have 3 points so might as well keep going

Just something everyone may want to know about the point game for this hunt, if you have 2 points you have the same chance as anyone with more. 2 is max so buying more will do nothing.....

This is my email to SD

I have a question regarding the Custer park non trophy bison tags. I see that on the site for the tags drawn that the max shown on the draw odds is 2+ points. Is 2 max points? I have 3 points and am wondering if I put in this year will I be in the drawing with everyone with 2 points or is it set up in a way that max point holders get the tag and the web page for drawing odds is only showing up to 2 points? Thank You for your time.

This his there email

Eric,

Everybody that has 2 or more points goes into the draw. For example, if I have 2 points and you have 3 points I could draw over you. If you have any questions let me know.

LouAnn Miller | Senior Secretary
South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
20641 SD Hwy 1806 | Fort Pierre, SD 57532
605.223.7660 | [email protected]

That is incorrect. You go into the draw, but you do not have the same chance of drawing. It used to be that each point was a ticket in the drawing, now they are going to cube points in SD so it matters even more.

I know nothing of the bison draw. If it's 100% draw it wouldn't matter, but if it's a 20% draw it most certainly does. The website explains the point situation far better than a random secretary.

The "2+" is just a number of applicants with 2 or more points. If you have 6 points, you get your name in 6 times. And now the 6 is cubed into 216. Good luck.

I've always wanted to go on a buffalo hunt. My best friend is full-blooded Lakota. Out of respect for him and his people, I never did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back