Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cameron Hanes

It's been implied but the biggest problem with a lot of hunting celebrities is mis representing hard core do it yourself while you are on an expensive guided hunt. I'm not saying guided hunts are wrong but if there is 4 people behind the camera you need to show those four people. If you say you do it all on your own and you don't, you are a liar. Either you do it on your own or you don't. There is very little gray area. Don't even get me started on Midwestern whitetail shows where the guys are seeding corn and beans with a 24 or 36 row planter and telling all the hunters at home they need to get after it with an atv or a shovel. If you have other people do your work you need to give them credit or you are a jack a##.

Cam is an absolute Beast no doubt about it. Great fitness athlete and great shooter...
I fall a little closer to the Randy Newberg, lets go have a blizzard, but we can still hunt hard all day crew.

To each his own---I will say I liked his image and especially his writing more when he was with Eastmans.
I never get tired of this video---Especially the look and laughter on his kids face as he's helping his dad MISERY TRAIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5sk7rGxExE

Cam is an absolute Beast no doubt about it. Great fitness athlete and great shooter...
I fall a little closer to the Randy Newberg, lets go have a blizzard, but we can still hunt hard all day crew.

To each his own---I will say I liked his image and especially his writing more when he was with Eastmans.
I never get tired of this video---Especially the look and laughter on his kids face as he's helping his dad MISERY TRAIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5sk7rGxExE

Why not a buggy whip?....that would have got some real results.

Some comments. First and foremost...he is a hunter. He is on our team. His style is also very polarizing....a lot of people are either going to love him or hate him. He is definitely not for everyone. Things I like: He promotes hunting, fitness, getting off the roads, pushing yourself, and doing it the right way. Part of me likes the fact that a lot of the tags in the units I hunt never make it out of the hunters trucks due to just driving up and down the roads.... makes it easier for the ones who like to get off the roads and get after it. Another part wishes people would not road hunt and do things a different way....but it is not for me to judge! Plus these hunters just push and concentrate game for us all to hunt off the road. If any of you guys on here have followed my posts or my story you will know....back country hunting saved my life. I had very poor fitness habits and was on the way to high blood pressure, obesity, and a life of misery. The thought of chasing elk and deer in the fall keeps me going....and healthy. My family sees and supports this as well. Now the bad....yes he does kind of have the "bro" gym rat personality. I can't really stand these people. :) I saw a comment earlier about meat heads from the gym flooding the hills in the fall wanting to hunt elk. I don't see this happening any time soon. Most of these people are in "gym shape" and wouldnt make it 3 miles down the trail at high altitude with a bivy pack. Most also don't have the desire or mental toughness to make this happen. I have a young college kid (10 years younger then me) that works for me that is in peak, physical gym-shape. I had him over to my house for a landscape project and proceeded to work circles around him with a shovel. He complained for 3 days how sore he was...haha. I didnt have any pain after words. I am in mountain shape...there is a big difference. All things said I think he is a positive influence to the sport. He does appeal to a lot of younger people. We do need more people joining the sport then leave it or die off....or some day we wont have it. Love him or hate him...he is on our team. I personally am not drawn to his style but also respect him for what he has accomplished.
Steve

Last edited:
Easy peasy.... As long as Bud Light is the required beverage. None of that bloat you up Sierra Nevada stuff.

official beer mile rules require the originial container and at least 5% alcohol content. I've yet to finish a mile in under 10min, though I will say I haven't tried since college.

Be interesting to cross reference the posts here with the one on the Bowmar thread. He and her have a lot in common IMO...

I use his training technique of hanging in my garage while my kid beats me with a whip-like object. Actually no I don't, that's just silly.

It was funny though

I also watched him when he was with Eastmans. Not so much anymore. Admire the fact that he is in to fitness and has a lot of drive. He just seems kind of self centered to me and I don't care for that

I grew up reading hunting literature of a time when it was about a hunting community not a hunting industry. I dont like that being "famous" is a part of hunting today, to me it loses the true meaning of the hunt.

Well, while everyone on here is gossiping about him, he is out elk hunting with his bow, so that says something. The way I look at it with any "celebrity" hunter, is has this person done anything with their celebrity to hurt hunting? In Cams case, I don't think so, in fact through his specific brand of fitness/hunter he has no doubt created new hunters or at least brought non hunters into the "hunting is ok" camp.

Well, while everyone on here is gossiping about him, he is out elk hunting with his bow, so that says something. The way I look at it with any "celebrity" hunter, is has this person done anything with their celebrity to hurt hunting? In Cams case, I don't think so, in fact through his specific brand of fitness/hunter he has no doubt created new hunters or at least brought non hunters into the "hunting is ok" camp.

I think you may be taking the internet too seriously.

Well, while everyone on here is gossiping about him, he is out elk hunting with his bow, so that says something. .

I know some guys that were gossiping about him then went elk hunting, does that say anything?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back