Cameron Hanes

I agree with the sentiment that he's extremely focused on making a living in the hunting industry. Which at times rubs me wrong. But I think he's found a niche and is trying to fill it. He's certainly not bad for hunting even if some of us have different ideas of what it's all about.

I have a couple buddies who hunt with Cam who are both modest down to earth guys who live hunting and they have nothing but respect for him. I am personally put off by some of the selfies but I think he is a good guy. One thing that is for sure is he does walk the walk.....it's not all BS like so many "celebrities". I don't see any reason to bash the guy.

Last edited:
I like him. He has a lot of drive to do what he does. He doesn't try to push anything onto you like fitness, the bow he uses, or even the supplements he uses. He does end up talking about them a lot though. A fair amount of his followers always ask what he takes and uses with their thinking being if they use or do the same they will have the same results. The selfies get a little much but he's just selling himself as that's what the followers want. I haven't seen him shed a bad light on hunting and he inspires a ton of people so kudos to him for that!

He's into fitness and hunting. Never hear him bash other hunters or talk trash.

Nothing wrong with that. Not like we have to follow him on social media if we don't like him so I'll just cruise along over in my lane and he can run in his lane and we'll both be fine.

I like him but I am not like him. Hunting is relaxing for me.

I didn't look down on his comment about disrespecting the guy on the thumb position I took it more as banter between two buddies. He suprised me on how ripped he is. I would think a guy that runs like him and hunts mountains would want to be more lean than muscular.

He's great. I follow him on FB. I can't comment on his awesome posts anymore though - he "blocked" me. :D

I like him but I am not like him. Hunting is relaxing for me.

I didn't look down on his comment about disrespecting the guy on the thumb position I took it more as banter between two buddies. He suprised me on how ripped he is. I would think a guy that runs like him and hunts mountains would want to be more lean than muscular.

Three letters TRT.

I don't really know a lot about him, except that he's found an angle that's working for him. I mean, if he stopped posting selfies and grew a beer gut, what would set him apart from any other avid hunter? It would be bye bye professional hunting career.

He is like 99% of the hunting celebrity's that are in for the money and to sell you something to make you be like me. I relate more to Newberg or Rich Lewis. To each there own, but I don't have that much time/energy to run 10 miles a day.

I know a lot of blokes who hunt way more then him on the self guided front each year that certainly don't put it out there like he does. He isn't anything special, the guy just has good motivation and resilience to get into the backcountry.

On the positive side he can only be good for hunting in general with the exposure, I just wish he would tone it down a little and ease up on all the badass and rubbish he keeps on repeating.

He kind of started a whole new movement with the crossfit archery competitions all over out here. Train to Hunt or whatever it's called.

I'm learning so much about selfies too which is important. Now if he could just help me master snapchat I'd be a real playa with the millenial ladies...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back