Cameron Hanes

I've saw his facebook posts and a left him a message stating that I appreciated him getting into the fight. That dude has a huge audience.

Yes, he has an enormous audience. I was beginning to wonder why it seemed he had been so quiet on the issue, but he's pulling no punches right now. Good to see folks wading into the fight.

One thing I'm hoping is more outdoor companies get involved. Outdoor Life and Field and Stream have been posting a lot as well. First Lite is the only major clothing line that has stepped up and made their voice clear. Sitka supports BHA and TRCP, which helps show where they stand. I have contacted KUIU and Jason and he has said he was adamantly against the transfer or sell, yet its crickets on KUIUs page. Until I see KUIU step up, they won't get another purchase from me. Sitka and First Lite have amazing gear anyway. Those with a presence have stepped up, now companies need to follow suite.

I have contacted KUIU and Jason and he has said he was adamantly against the transfer or sell, yet its crickets on KUIUs page. Until I see KUIU step up, they won't get another purchase from me.

That silence is speaking volumes to me.

That silence is speaking volumes to me.

I told my wife the same thing. I own a lot of there gear but I will never buy anything else unless they start being vocal about opposition to transfer or sell. I had already started migrating toward First Lite over the last few years anyways.

There are a few hunters from Utah that I follow on Instagram that have 15,000+ followers. I thought since this idea is stemming from Utah, these guys have a great platform to speak up on the issue on their Instagram pages. I messaged a few of them asking what they think about the land transfer and sadly, the ones that actually replied to me said they don't know enough about it to have an opinion on it.

If these guys that spend 200 days out of the year using public lands don't know about the issue, then the message still isn't getting spread like it needs to. We need companies like KUIU and others to speak up.

I emailed KUIU today and told them they can kiss my business goodbye if they don't start taking a more visible stance on social media.....if they don't follow in the footsteps of companies like First Lite, I won't give them any more of my money!!

Kudos to Cam for speaking up. Not necessarily a fan of his style but I am grateful for his stance. Same with Rogan. That guy has an insanely diverse audience and I hope that he can get some of them to speak up. Emailed kuiu as well but I don't expect much from them.

There are a few hunters from Utah that I follow on Instagram that have 15,000+ followers. I thought since this idea is stemming from Utah, these guys have a great platform to speak up on the issue on their Instagram pages. I messaged a few of them asking what they think about the land transfer and sadly, the ones that actually replied to me said they don't know enough about it to have an opinion on it.

If these guys that spend 200 days out of the year using public lands don't know about the issue, then the message still isn't getting spread like it needs to. We need companies like KUIU and others to speak up.

They don't know, or they don't want to speak up out of fear of being flogged every Sunday?

Am I off-base to think that the big elephant in the room nobody wants to call out by name is the LDS church?

EDIT: I see this as being rigorously hashed out in another post

Last edited:
Greenhorn with the win!

Where has KUIU moved on this issue? I already won't buy stuff from them due to their stance on designing clothing for "fat guys" and women.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back