Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado sheep

Looks like an awesome hunt, regardless of outcome. What rifle are you shooting? Are friends going with you or by yourself?

All the best to you on the sheep hunt Oak! Who says you have to travel to Alaska to find that much tundra. I was expecting a photo of a caribou!

Looks like an awesome hunt, regardless of outcome. What rifle are you shooting? Are friends going with you or by yourself?

I'm shooting a .300 Wby built by Kevin Weaver. I'll have a couple of guys with me the first two days.

Made another scouting trip August 7-9. No shortage of critters. Sorry, most critter photos were taken through a spotter, or by other unprofessional means....

Rainbow.jpg

SC2.jpg

SC3.jpg
Bucks1.jpg

Bucks5.jpg

Bucks4.jpg

Bucks6.jpg

Bucks7.jpg

Bucks8.jpg

SC1.jpg

Skylinebuck.jpg

Last edited:
Got back from another 3 day trip last night.

Winter is never far away up here.

Snow.jpg

Don't let me choose the tent pitching spot...

Camp1.jpg

Wasn't a bad view the next morning, though.

PC.jpg

PCfog.jpg

SJ.jpg

MG.jpg

CP.jpg

Fat and lazy...

Bucks2.jpg

Bucks3.jpg

Bucks1.jpg

I wish these next two had not been miles away. A couple of studs.

Bucks4-2.jpg

Bucks5.jpg

Pika.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck on your hunt. Have really good rain gear. I drew a non resident tag in 1995. After two days it rained more or less constantly, in the San Juan's above Pagosa.I was fortunate enough to to take a 156 ram. I was not a "beloved" person when I checked the ram in Durango. Most of the hunters in the office had the f**king non resident viewpoint. One was O.K. and congratulated me. O well. Keep on applying at home and out of state, despite point creep I drew this tag in 10years. I hesitate to say that I have also drawn a desert sheep tag (R) and an rocky mtn tag in AZ (R) so it can happen!!! GJ

Last edited:
Love the pics. I'm tentatively helping a fellow west sloper in S1/18 with a ram hunt the opening week. I can't wait. I can only imagine how excited you folks that are holding the tags must be.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Have really good rain gear.

I did 14 miles Wednesday and Thursday. It rained/snowed a total of 7.75 hours those two days.

I was not a "beloved" person when I checked the ram in Durango. Most of the hunters in the office had the f**king non resident viewpoint. One was O.K. and congratulated me.

Have to say that would be pretty unusual 2+ decades later. Most hunters here these days are pretty excited about the success of sheep hunters, regardless of residency. Sorry about your experience, and congrats on the ram.

I've been out for 4 more days of scouting since the last update. Crunch time is almost here. I'm leaving Saturday and the season starts next Tuesday. Hopefully there are some sheep photos in the next update. ;)

Fungus.jpg

Marmota on high.
Marmota.jpg

CG.jpg

The way to the top.
CGclimb.jpg

High.jpg

selfie.jpg

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics