Caribou Gear

Finally christened the new rifle

devon deer

I prefer my .243 for roe deer, so i have held back using my new 30-06 until the red/fallow deer have come into season, which was on 1st August.
Went out this morning and found 4 red stags, still in velvet, but all unsafe, i just had to watch as they walked onto another farm, darn it!
They were only 200 yards away!

So i went to another area and saw a Roe Buck in the tram lines of a wheat field with 2 roe does, (you know DaveN, the buck you never saw:D) by the time i got there they had walked into the woodland, but i got my Nordik call out and tried calling, well it worked, the buck came back out, nice easy shot, 50 yards away, and very little damage with the 180 grain Nosler Partition.

In a few weeks i will start to practice without the 'can' on the end.

IMG_20160803_062345922.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Nice! Is this the rifle you are bringing to the US? Now if you can keep those customs agents away from your ammo you will be set.

Nice! Is this the rifle you are bringing to the US? Now if you can keep those customs agents away from your ammo you will be set.
It is, but i have a cunning plan, i have arranged for some Federal Vital Shock 180 grains waiting for me when i arrive.
Cheers
Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back